Real Time Flights or Wheres the Fast Forward Button? (Poll)

Just for a poll since it has been quite a controversial topic. Personally I think for ATC sake and for realism we need to keep it real time. No one is forcing you to do 12 hour flights its only an option should you want to.

• Real Time flying please I like the challenge.
  • Not sure :/
  • Fast Forward Button I don’t like long flights

0 voters

2 Likes

I don’t think it should be allowed in live as that would make for a lot of sequencing headaches for controllers with everyone wanting to go different speeds.

8 Likes

This is a simulator, not a game. Everything needs to be as realistic as possible, If you don’t like long flights then don’t take them!

2 Likes

I don’t think it’ll work in live but maybe solo mode

3 Likes

If you added the option “why not both” I would choose that. I don’t think we should be forced to decide on 1. Some like this and some like that. Judging on majority can also be unfair (considering in a 60-40 majority 40% would be unsatisfied).

1 Like

Maybe we could have a fast forward button outside of regions such as when you leave a specific area the fast forward button would be available

If you don’t like long flights then don’t fly them. Just fly a shorter route through Europe, America or Asia; there’s no need for you to go transcontinental. Long haul is for those who want to do long haul. I won’t be too pleased if I see A320’s crossing the Pacific at Mach 1.2.

2 Likes

But would you fly 12 hours ??

1 Like

Maybe you can save your progress mid-flight and return to the same flight.

5 Likes

That’s already possible. You pause and leave the game. As long as your device is good enough, it will save your position. But beware that your connection will be orange as you come back but it’ll turn green a bit later.

3 Likes

Personally I won’t take long flights! (6 hours +) I probably won’t do flights longer than 4 hours, but like @HairlineAirlines said, if you don’t like long flights don’t do them!

1 Like

Because it would affect ATC if they can’t do vectors correctly because the planes are moving too fast or 30x their normal speed I guarantee you even 6 times would make an ACC’s job neigh impossible.

Simple solution for those who agree and also to those disagree…NO FAST FORWARDING IN LIVE don’t you think guys such request might slow down the update release because of something unrealistic

2 Likes

I think that’ll work… but you can’t be close to your destination because you don’t just want someone spawning in on approach and screwing up the sequence or so…

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking.

1 Like

That’s probably a better idea

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.