Real Life Pilot Badges

I don’t know how this would work but I think it would be pretty cool. It’s hard to know who’s a real life pilot and who’s not. I think it would be great if pilots had a special badge like Regulars have next to their name. Again, I don’t know how this would work, but maybe the Mods can figure something out. Let me know what you think:-)

18 Likes

He’s making a request for the forum. It fits #meta guidelines.

6 Likes

I thought Meta was to discuss the Forum, not features I think.

1 Like

Look here…

I don’t blame you though… Even @henrik didn’t believe me when I told him lol.

4 Likes

That could be very cool because it would add to credibility.

4 Likes

Features is for In-Game requests. Meta is for the general workings of the forum.

5 Likes

Discourse would need to be contacted to discuss implementing this.

No it wouldn’t. We can do this.

3 Likes

A pilot wings pin as the badge would look pretty cool.

2 Likes

How would you do it? I thought he meant a symbol as the badge.

No I think he means an icon next to the user’s name.

But then comes the question, who is considered a real life pilot? Does it include one who flies commercially or one who only owns a PPL and flies privately? Does it include for those who are currently treaining to be pilots?

3 Likes

Stop overthinking, it’s as simple as ‘a real life pilot’ which equals ‘a person qualified for flying an airplane (usually who flies on a regular basis)’ :-)

6 Likes

Not overthinking, just making sure everything stays clear ;)

2 Likes

I do sort of like this…

2 Likes

On /r/aviation they have flairs and codes of all the various licence types, and more. Works well, but on there the audience is more mature so people don’t lie.

I think PPL and ATPL would be good to have here, PM a mod with proof and they add it for you.

I’m certain that you can upload any picture and then use that picture as a badge. A couple of the developers for Discourse have custom badges.

9 Likes

Again, I don’t know how it would work, but it would be great.

I think that this will improve the credibility of users on this forum

1 Like

It’s not complicated :)

Hope I could help! ;)

3 Likes