Real 747 pilot flies a 747 in IF ( 74 Gear )

Yes sorry xD

1 Like

I saw Laura (ceo of IF) comment under the video and she mentioned a possible 747 rework in the future. Hope that becomes reality

3 Likes

No problem, it is an easy mistake to make… 😂

I just did a double take when I read that, and wanted to make sure we were on the same page…

1 Like

I obviously don’t want to speculate, but I know the A330 touch up was motivated by a video Laura saw talking about how bad the physics were. So I wouldn’t entirely discount the possibility someone as well known (well atleast in these bits) as him could have a similar impact on a 747 rework…

1 Like

No need to tag devs. And yes we all saw it, as mentioned above.

1 Like

Kind of shows how unintuitive the ui actually is. Even though I’m a fan of the new UI, there’s no way for a new user to know how it works.

2 Likes

Oh wow. Now we need captain Joe or mentour pilot to part take in IF

3 Likes

You’re right. I’m not sure why I put UPS 😳🤔

Anyways. I’ve changed it thanks for the heads up 👍

1 Like

Wow, nice! I know @Lufthansa061 is a IRL Lufthansa 747 pilot and he plays IF frequently. He’s a great guy. Super cool!

3 Likes

It’s going to happen in the future but it’s a matter of WHEN it will happen. The 747 doesn’t have enough votes unfortunately because somehow people think it’s better to fly a 737max or ATR than the 747!?

1 Like

That’s so cool! I love watching his channel! Didn’t see this video until now. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Looks like we’ll have him to thank for a 747 rework maybe. This was a reply to Laura’s comment. 👍🏻

On the other hand, very fascinating video! Been a fan of his for a while!

10 Likes

He pointed out the rudder issue which gripes me to no end. The nose gear rather than the rudder should not be effective at high speeds after landing.

2 Likes

No the issue is that the rudder is pretty much unresponsive in a crosswind landing due to outdated physics. You can’t decrab in a 747 and you’ll veer off the runway.

2 Likes

Yeah we do…if a 747 rework even comes…

1 Like

Really cool video. Loved each min. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

It is a cool video.
Maybe in hindsight he could of flown a circuit in the 747 just to see how it flies and compare that to the real one, although bearing in mind it’s a really old model.

1 Like

Considering that the 747 is and old model, do you think a CRJ pilot in real life could accurately fly IF’s CRJ well on the first try?

Maybe A320/350 is a more approapriate question here lol

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.