RCAF Snowbirds Crash

Recent news reports have been saying that one of the RCAF Snowbirds has crashed in British Columbia, Canada. They are currently doing their Operation Inspiration mission right now, to do flyovers all over Canada to raise people’s spirits. My thoughts are with the families affected by the tragedy.

Source

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5573930

25 Likes

Quite tragic. This is the second Snowbird crash this year I think. Not sure what’s going to become of them.

Warning, strong language.

8 Likes

Very sad. Just saw them last week.

1 Like

It seems the pilot ejected, thankfully. Hope there were no ground casualties

13 Likes

First this year. Hopefully thats it. Last one was the 5 jet in georgia in october.
I hope the pilot is okay. Doesnt look like there was much alt for the chute to open …

2 Likes

I’ve heard different reports. Some say there has been, some say none

I think they confirmed at the pilot is okay but there was one casualty

2 Likes

Awesome news, I didn’t see a chute in the video above and feared the worst.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s the latter

1 Like

Yeah one report said they parachuted out so could be good news!

Some BC spotters just updated me, they’re saying the pilot has minor injuries and the casualty is female and was in the aircraft.

1 Like

Oh geez! 😬 That’s not good!

1 Like

I’ve heard a bunch of conflicting reports. Hopefully all are ok. I believe they’ve been transiting with the pilot and tech. Hope both and all else are ok.

2 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

Let’s stay positive. 🙏

2 Likes

I actually live across the road from where the aircraft crashed. I don’t think I know any more than you all do, but here’s what I do know.

• Aircraft had just taken off from CYKA (Kamloops) runway 09.
  • Something happened on departure that cause the pilots to pull up to give them ejection altitude.
  • At this point I heard the jets and remembered that the Snowbirds were departing Kamloops today. I was out in the backyard gardening and I heard It get increasingly louder. I saw something (presumably the jet) out of the corner of my vision go behind my house and was followed by a loud explosion.

The above took place about two hours ago. I’ve not been able to cross the road as they are keeping it clear for emergency personnel. I can see from my window an orange parachute on top of my neighbours house, as well as (what I think to be) the wreckage. I can confirm the people who live in the house the aircraft crashed into are doing well as I saw them by one of the ambulances.

14 Likes

The SnowBirds flew over my house a few days ago so this hits close to home.

Truly saddening

2 Likes

Due to the popularity and recognition of this flight team/group:

Permitting this topic temporarily. Will auto close 3 hours from the time of this post.

16 Likes

Wow, that was unexpected and truly saddening. They flew over my house ~10 days ago. Praying that the pilot and passenger are okay. Awful that it happened now, during Operation Inspiration…

1 Like

Hope for the best of everyone affected by this.
I saw their last show before the crash in Atlanta which was the day before

1 Like