Ravn to buy PenAir

Ravn to buy PenAir

During the auction for PenAir, Ravn has announced they will buy the Chapter 11 Airlines. PenAir filed for Chapter 11 in May 2017 ending their EAS services in the Pacific Northwest, and Mid west. PenAir operated the Saab 340Bs and Saab 2000s to 8 different airports with in Alaska. PenAir has 400 employees while Ravn has over 1,000. Once finalized Ravn will need the blessing from the FAA and DOT to put PenAir On their 121/135 certificate.

(My picture when I got hired on with PenAir)

10 Likes

I think this is a good thing for Ravn. It will be interesting to see how business goes after everything is final. How was work at PenAir?

2 Likes

This is somewhat great news! I was hearing that Alaska Airlines would buy them, but I am happy Ravn did! I have worked out a potential summer job with Ravn while I am home from college, and eventually a pilot job. I initially reached out to PenAir, so I am so happy they will still be around to some capacity.

1 Like

Ravn is growing slowly so It will be interesting, they’ll be operating to new spots where they typically don’t go. It was alright, they said I go to school or work for them so I went to school lol

1 Like

Are you in ANC? I did my Dispatcher training at Ravn

Interesting and very good for Ravn. Can’t wait to see the future of these two.

1 Like

A Ravn Saab 2000 doesn’t sound right lol

2 Likes

Not right now mark. I live in Anchorage when I am not at Embry-Riddle doing my degree and training.

2 Likes

Oh Shoot! When you’re in town let me know, did you go highschool out here?

2 Likes

LOL no it doesn’t!

Yes I did, Eagle River High School. We spoke about meeting before I think. You work out of Merrill fld right?

2 Likes

I heard about this. I’ve got a friend who flies for them currently.

2 Likes

Sweet! Yeah we might have well that’s extremely cool yea let me know when you’re back in town!

Whose your buddy? It’s going help Ravn they just crashed a 1900 earlier this morning

Do you know a Mr. Hurlburt?

1 Like

I believe I do!

2 Likes

Oh no! That is never good. Hope everyone is ok.

1 Like

I love this community, we are so close and we dont even know it.

2 Likes

Right?! Did you ever go KCC?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, not when I was in high school. I found I wanted a career in aviation kinda late in my senior year.

2 Likes