Rate this landing at RKSI

butter? i think so. (sorry for bad quality btw)

11 Likes

How did you do that?

the gif you mean?

1 Like

or the landing?

Since it was sooooooo good, I’m going to be a bit strict on this one [don’t take this as me being rude or mean, more as advice for in the future :)]

Butteriness
Main landing gear: 9/10, could have been a tad bit smoother and taken more time for the rear wheels to touch down, but a light touch down overall
Nose wheel: 6/10, the flare could have been way better with the nose gently touching down and pitching the nose higher upon touching down a 20ftAGL, but you didn’t slam the nose too hard into the ground
Overall: 15/20

Float
Touchdown zone: 7/10, could’ve touched more closer to the targeted zone, but it was in the farther part, yet still in, the “touchdown area”
Bounce: 10/10, no bunny hopping or raising up or down on the landing gear which means that you weren’t over stressing the landing, GREAT JOB!
Flare: 7/10, I’ve partially went through this already, but no additional flaring was added, however there was already an okay angle of pitch
Centerline: 10/10, AMAZING, you were on center path for the whole duration of the video, so great job
Overall: 34/40

Overall score: 49/60 (81%)

4 Likes

If you want to judge mine

here you go

thanks man! i need to work on not floating so much and bringing the nose gear down better

1 Like

Honestly it was near perfect! Truly impressed, only a few minute things that are easy to be worked on with practice! Keep it up!

GIF. Looks great

yep! thanks!,

thank you!

i took a screen recording of a replay and went to a video to gif converter like this one: Video to animated GIF converter. then since the community doesn’t allow vids over 4MB, i went to a gif file compressor like this one: GIF Compressor | Compress GIF Animations Online. and compressed it till it was under 4MB. then i uploaded and done!

2 Likes

Well look at you tech genius

hehe i guess i am lol

2 Likes

My best bit of advice would be to put the throttle to 0 when you start your flare and use your flare to maintain airspeed until touchdown (or until you hit your flare angle)

In my opinion, if i need to rate, This is not in EGLL - EHAM (El Classico) route: 7/10

Quality of gif: 5/10

Passengers will not wait for buttering, they need to exit quickly: 4/10

Touchdown: 9/10🐁

Not trying to be rude here but is that the only route you fly or something?

1 Like

It’s my obsession. Unfortunately. 🦝

Pretty good. Probably could have had a better touchdown zone if you had a steeper angle of decent down to a lower altitude then a more aggressive flare. Seems like you flared fairly early and kept that pitch attitude in till touchdown which I suppose worked out fine for you in this case but it isn’t exactly the conventional way to do that.

If your throttle is at idle and you are pitching up you won’t be maintaining airspeed. But that isn’t so important, you really want to be losing airspeed in the flare. In the flare your eyes really shouldn’t be on your instruments at least not primarily, so you aren’t really maintaining anything on the instruments.

I think in this case the more important thing is the timing of the flare, it is undoubtedly one of the hardest things to work on while learning landings. A later flare would have helped in this case, to get a good combo of not floating and not slamming it down you need to be able to quite quickly transition from approach to flare to touchdown. A more drawn out flare will draw out the landing process by arresting the descent prematurely and allowing the plane to continue down the runway. Too late of a flare will leave insufficient time to arrest the decent and you will slam it in. I’ve never flown an A350 so I won’t claim to know the exact altitude they flare those at, but power settings are fairly easy, flare timing is extremely difficult and imo a bigger factor here. I know some people seperate the round out from the flare, and while that isn’t exactly how I was taught I see the goal of making the distinction. They should ideally be one smooth movement but it is important to think about stopping the approach phase with a relatively high decent rate in the round out, then keeping the back pressure in to continue to reduce the decent rate down to contact with the ground. The angle of pitch should be changing, his appears nearly constant at least in the moment we see.

1 Like