RARE McDouglas DC-3 spotted in Weston Airport, Dublin, Ireland. ( + Work Experience )

Hey everyone.

Today I have spotted something amazing in my local airport today, just after work. I was already notified a day earlier for its arrival. It would be amazing to see it land. Although I was busy helping out some fellow engineers and workers in the maintenance hangars the time it has arrived.

Time: Thursday, 23rd of May 2019

Airport: Weston, Dublin, in Ireland.

Departure and route:

Oxford (U.S.A), Goose Bay (Canada), Kangerlussuaq (Greenland), Reykjavik City Airport (Iceland) then finally landed in Weston in Ireland.

Aircraft: McDouglas DC-3 Registration: N8336C.

There was quite a good crowd of random visitors in the airport. The visitors

Passenger Deck

Cockpit. I find these levers quite interesting.

Inside Weston Airport.
In this Airport, I took part mostly on the Maintenance Area, ATC Observation deck and Banner construction on the Piper Cub. Have in mind that I was only a visitor on the ATC Deck. While volunteered to help out others, I have managed to get into a short ride with a Raven R44 for the first time as a suprise.

View of the Airport.

IMG_20190520_154418
A scenic shot taken from my phone of the East part of the city. I did sincerely enjoy the short round trip. Also had another guest sat in front to take some pictures.

IMG_20190522_094435

Maintenance Hangars. Lots of Aircrafts repainted, some new. Had to help out cleaning the hangar, screw changes and take out the flaps of a Cessna 172. Also includes adjustments on the 1957 Rolls Royce P66 from 1957, one of the only 5 in the world.

IMG_20190523_164720
Private Owners of the TBM-830 from Edinburgh, and a Pilatus PC-12 coming in from Kerry. Just sitting quietly.

Out in the far side into a closed Taxi way, it’s the Piper Cub, awaiting for departure after setting up a banner, to be set up in it’s back.

Set up clear! What happens here is that that the Piper Cub will fly fast in a low altitude. This will grab the ropes, and take the whole structure ( or banner ) with it to the front. Unfortunately cannot upload a video of it yet.

ATC Tower! Zooming in you could literally see that Piper Cub flying by with a long banner stuck on it’s back. I was only a visitor. Always loved hopping into this place just before leaving.

17 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.