Ranger Creek (WA21) in The Snow

Hello, IFC,

There are many small airstrips that the IFC never talks about, and here is one of them!

Hidden in the woods a few miles into an I paved bumpy trail lies WA21, Ranger Creek airport. I accidentally found it while hiking and found it very nice to walk on a runway! It was cold (-6 degrees Celsius) and snowy, but here are some pictures of this hidden gem!

!

Thank You!
It is called 21W in IF :)

32 Likes

That’s awesome!

2 Likes

Thank You! (I honestly was not expecting to find an actual airport while hiking in the snow 5 miles from the nearest paved road :)

5 Likes

Who would’ve thought an airport would be in the middle of the woods 😂

6 Likes

People who built it I guess… The runway is paved too :)

5 Likes

That’s a really cool airport. I love going to these types of tiny airports, there’s just something different about them — something large airports don’t have. There’s literally no building, just a sign! That’s the definition of a “small” airport.

The smallest airport I’ve been too is I67, or Cincinnati West Airport. Either way, no matter the place, these small airports are just awesome in my opinion.

2 Likes

I agree, no PAPI, no unicom, just a sign and a honey bucket!

4 Likes

That’s a cool thing to find whilst hiking.

3 Likes

It’s a happy surprise :)

4 Likes

I’m there RN on casual in an Xcub, it’s so different in IF! (hello, @NathanD and @Butter_Boi and @Captain_Merka and @NYFLFlyer22 !)

3 Likes

Lol this is the most successful event I ever made XD

1 Like

That airport looks like so much fun to go to and I agree it does look different in IF

2 Likes

Cool find! Just spawned in to check it out.

As an avgeek I would he so happy going for a hike and just finding a runway!

2 Likes

I question your decision to walk out on the runway, guess the weather was unfavorable for landing, but a family member was telling me about this, he flew in there once or twice I guess, very difficult, ever since it’s been one of my favorites in infinite flight…

2 Likes

I looked left then right before crossing! lol

2 Likes

Apparently it suits A380s… @NathanD, @Butter_Boi

Shoutout for spawning in the 380 lol

1 Like

…and took off in an a380…

1 Like

I’m going to try to spawn in an A350

1 Like

Realism:

2 Likes