Random flights

Hey, does anyone know of a flight planner that will give you random flight to fly if you put in criteria for the flight, like flight time, and plane type? Cause I want to fly a new route, but don’t know what to fly.

1 Like

https://fpltoif.com/ Me and I know most of the people in this community use this app to generate random FPLs … so yeah this is the best option ;)

4 Likes

okay, but doesn’t have planes in it that aren’t in IF? Are you able to make it so that those planes aren’t a part of the random choosing?

You get to choose the plane, route distance, and departing/arriving airport you want to fly… The website is built around Infinite Flight which means all the aircraft that are there are in the Sim :)

2 Likes

I think u can choose what aircraft you would like to use…

1 Like

for example, 44%20PM IF doesn’t have the DC-8

2 Likes

I think that’s the dash-8

2 Likes

The DHC-8 is the Dash-8 Q400 :)

2 Likes

Oh, never mind then. I thought that was the old code for the DC-8

Haha all good 😂😂… have fun! Happy landings :)

thanks! Thanks for the website btw. It really is super useful. I’m just clicking through it right now, and it already looks helpful.

2 Likes

Great site I use it all the time

I do too! I especially love the SimBrief section. Great place to create a flight plan. I would recommend the A380 for its distance. I have done this flight before. It took me around 18 hours I think. Great flight and tons of XP!

2 Likes

This thread is also a great way to find some great routes:

1 Like

Yeah but this isn’t a random generator, that just gives you the flight plan that you ask for

No it does have a random generator…

1 Like

Does it?! Ima check that out

5 Likes

That’s definitely gonna decide what route I’m gonnna fly tonight, although if you don’t put an ICAO Code in the departure or arrival it’ll most likely be an American route

It is purely random. If there are more American routes I’m the database then your chances go up but it’s as random as can be.

3 Likes