Random Aircraft Sounds When Parked

So, whenever I’m spawned in, I hear weird and random aircraft sounds in the wind. This is only in the normal camera view when I am parked with engines off. The sounds is usually the sound of a propeller aircraft (I think the Spitfire/P-38) and it comes and goes at random. The length of time I hear it for is usually short (4-5 seconds at most). This happens in all aircraft. Is this a glitch, or is my device special?

I only hear the wind noises when I’m parked with my engines off

Nope, I don’t hear anything besides the wind. Are you sure there wasn’t any traffic in the area?

Have you heard this on solo with no other aircraft?

The closest aircraft is a 787-10 about 10 miles from me

I don’t normally fly in solo, so no. Just on ES.

I have actually had this happen to me several times. It goes away after a few seconds.

1 Like

Glad to know I’m not the only one. But I’m still hearing it. It’s been happening on and off at random for about 10-15 minutes

It sounds like the ‘ghost aircraft’ is taxiing, as if it is getting further to me then close to me, as each time the sound is at a different volume than the time before, either higher or lower.

Maybe try to refresh the app and restart your device.

I don’t have a phone, I use an ipad, and this isn’t the first time I’ve had the issue. The other times when this has happened, I’ve done literally everything you can do to troubleshoot all issues in Infinite Flight, including clearing cache, closing and re-opening the app, restarting the device, logging out and logging back in, deleting and re-downloading the app, you name it, I’ve done it.

1 Like

We have wind and ambient “city” noises. There is a known issue where if a TBM passes near you, you will hear their engine even when you’re in the HUD or Cockpit camera views.

3 Likes

There is not a single propeller-driven on the map currently, and there hasn’t since I spawned in. Just me, parked at LEMD (an A359), 2 747-8s cruising 30-something-thousand feet above me, and a 787-10 about 36000 feet above me, so I doubt that to be the issue.

Ok. Well if you could in the meantime, create a video of the issue, that’d be appreciated so we can hear/see what it is you’re experiencing. Thanks.

2 Likes

Do you mean like the quick flash of an engine then it stops when you spawn in?

No, I know about that, and this is not that. There is a propeller engine that sounds every once in a short while that has been for the past 10-15 minutes, but there are no aircraft near me.

Well this was unexpected, I just heard faint jet engines! I’m glad I recorded that.

Edit: I just heard the sound of a C130 at full throttle

Edit: now I hear an X-Cub/C172

@DeerCrusher here is the recording, listen closely with volume up and I suggest earbuds too.

As stated right here.

1 Like

I know that, but if you listen closely, you can hear the sounds of aircraft engines behind the city sounds every little bit.