Ram or storage

whats most important when buying a device to use for IF ram or storage

Given that the app rarely takes up more storage than any device can provide, it’s RAM.
However, it’s not just a matter of “most RAM performs the best” - it’s more complex than that.

Have a look at Device Compatibility if you haven’t done so already.

I’m looking for a device and I think I’ve settled on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 but as IF grows I’m sure the need for a better system arise so it’s hard to know what to get.

S6 Specs from DC Post

Hardware: Snapdragon 855, 6GB

Rendering Quality: High
3D Object Density: High
Rendering Resolution: High
Texture quality: High
Anti-Aliasing: On
Frame Rate: 60FPS
Airplane Count: Very High

Notes: The performance and features of a Galaxy Note 10 paired with a massive super AMOLED. Would recommend to anyone looking for the best possible IF experience on an Android device.

1 Like

You mean the Tab S6, right? The S6 is something very very different

1 Like

Correct and adjusted 👍🏻

Both are important when it comes to selecting a device. IF can use well over 10GB of storage when aircraft are download and you have replays saved.

You should always aim for a minimum of 32GB storage, higher is better where possible.

In terms of RAM, this will vary by device. Recent iOS are different, with the base level iPad having 3GB, base iPhone 13 having 4GB and so forth. Android and iOS both get by with different amounts of RAM where the optimisation on iOS tends to be better. A minimum of 6GB on Android is what I would recommend, but bear in mind a device having 16GB doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll perform better.

2 Likes