RAF Typhoon scrambled from Lossiemouth to intercept Russian Bombers

Read more here, I’m not sure on the full story.

1 Like

al little more on the BBC, but not much

++
Typhoon aircraft from RAF Lossiemouth in Moray and RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire have been scrambled to monitor two Russian Blackjack bombers.

The Russian aircraft were said to have flown an arc around the top of Scotland from a north east direction before passing to the west of Ireland.

The Ministry of Defence said they were not in UK air space.

++

2 Likes

They usually aren’t in U.K. Airspace but the UK need to scramble Jets in case they do enter and with Russia NATO aren’t taking any chances, every country in Europe is doing this now. I think it was a few months ago but Norway had to do this.

5 Likes

Russia is testing the waters

3 Likes

This also happened four times last year. Strange, but has happened before.

2 Likes

Yes of course and as @Robertdiaz123 said they want to just show aggression and essentially mess around like it’s a joke. If any of our aircraft went near I wonder the difference in the outcome.

3 Likes

It sounds like freaking flashbacks to the cold war when F-14s were being scrambled off Carriers to make sure bombers didn’t get anywhere close to America

2 Likes

Is NATO still suspicious about Russians?

Happens much more regularly than people think

1 Like

The Russians most definitely testing response times from the RAF…

3 Likes

very much so if you read the news. Ukraine conflict is a step back to Cold War days…

2 Likes

Well the US have started moving equipment into Europe and German soldiers and other NATO members are preparing to defend their borders at the Russian border itself! So yeah the question is pretty much answered…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.