Radio Issues

Hello,
I’ve recently been experiencing radio issues. It appears I’ve switched channels and shows its changed, however it sometimes gets stuck and won’t let me change frequencies even though it appears I have. I can make call outs to different channels but I’m not being received . If this was to happen on the expert server I fear i would be ghosted. Is there a procedure for radio failure ? I’m using an iPad model A1538. I’m open to any suggestions for a solution, I’ve done all the troubleshooting I can think of, such as turning the device off and reloading the app,I’m not sure what else I can try. I don’t have any third party apps installed and only happens periodically.
Thanks

Okay so let’s address the communication issue by some easy troubleshooting steps.

• Ensure you have a strong and stable internet connection
  • If on WiFi try resetting your router

If you still experience this issue after this and you fear that ATC can’t hear you you can change your Callsign to NORDO and this will get their attention. You are still expected to follow ATC commands, maintain safe following distances with other aircraft and fly reasonably.

4 Likes

This is a similar issue that I’ve had. What I do is get the map up then select on the airport that I’m heading to/from. Info about the airport is on the left with the ATC frequencies. Just click tune for the one you need. Hope this helps! 👍🏻

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.