Radar vectors from flight plan

I noticed that when I take off from an airport, the air traffic controller gives me radar vectors that deviates me off my flight plane but when they tell me to resume navigation I can’t get back onto my flight plan

Yeah they do that to avoid traffic…

1 Like

They do that to move you away from conflicting traffic.
If you cant get back on course, activate the leg that is closest to you:)

3 Likes

Wait you can do that?!

That explains a lot then… lol

@PlaneGeek

2 Likes

How do you activate the leg?

1 Like

Departure & Approach controllers give you vectors to avoid other aircraft that may be departing on the parallel runway &/or arriving aircraft. Once they tell you to resume on your own navigation, you should be able to get back on your course. You may need to go to the map view & activate your nearest waypoint on your FLP depending on where you’re current position is & how far out you are.

2 Likes

You select the nearest waypoint then there’s a button called Act. leg. It changes the next leg to the one you selected

4 Likes

Click on the waypoint in your FPL you want to go to, then click ACT LEG

1 Like

I can’t seem to find that button.
(Act. leg)

1 Like

Go in map and open your FPL. The button should be on the bottom

1 Like

Oh I see it! Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks so much! This was the answer I needed!

3 Likes

@Jet_Aviationxx @AlphaSeven no problem. Glad I could assist you!

3 Likes

The only way to solve any air traffic jam any time at any airport is to follow procedural charts for departure, arrival and approaches. ATC instructions for Holding patterns should be a must with heavily congested air traffic. The problem is till this very moment there is no ATC Delivery Service or even instructions can be used to report your departure or arrival, so ATC controllers are always urged to improvise.

1 Like

@AlphaSeven @Jet_Aviationxx
Heres a picture to help

Theres, wpt REDTO is selected.
The button circled in blue is the activate leg button

2 Likes

A little bug bear of mine, and I do know why they can’t always, but there is NO need to improvise as there are already perfectly good plans available!

Just have to find away to communicate the STAR and SID between ATC and Pilots…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.