Racism on the Forum

In light of recent terror attacks in the world, it is saddening that hate speech and actions against those of faiths has risen. Comments demeaning a whole sector of society based on a particular belief are degrading and racist. Political or religious views do not justify these comments and nothing ever will.

This forum will not be a place where bigoted views can be expressed, nor will it ever be. As a hub of multiculturalism, the community must be a welcoming place for all, all except from those with racial prejudices.

From now on, any racially aggravated comments, be it in PM or openly will result in the forum member and others involved being permanently removed from the forum with immediate effect, no matter the past history of the member.

178 Likes

IT is great that your trying to prevent this :) Thanks for pointing this out

5 Likes

immediate effect means from right the very second that he posted it

2 Likes

So does this mean that mods can see everyone’s PMs? Kinda defeats the purpose of a PM.

26 Likes

If someone flag a post in PM, the mods get notified obviously and they can go and see the messages.

That’s another topic of discussion, but no, we don’t read your PMs. This would only apply in a situation where racism within a PM would be made noticeable to us (via a flag or a message from someone involved).

10 Likes

Only if flagged, but I would expect it to be brought to our attention.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Oh I see now @MishaCamp @Cameron @CopaAirlines

3 Likes

Not in that way haha. I mean if people were like ‘yeah man I also hate Muslims’ or something horrible

12 Likes

This is a good thing 🙂👍
For keeping the forum without racist people good job
@MishaCamp

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Look guys, please don’t get into the specifics of what we count as racist, who is involved, etc…

It’s pretty simple: independent of your political views, treat others as you’d like to be treated (i.e. nicely). We’re all humans. It’s not that hard :)

29 Likes

That is true, however at the moment we are having a particular issue with comments regarding race and religion, thus why I have highlighted it on this post.

12 Likes

This will defiantly make people think before they post, it can be a very sensitive subject in play so it’s best to keep any racial comments to yourselves.

1 Like

Have you banned the users who said that?

Of course we have

8 Likes

Oh ok then

I never expected there to be racism on this forum. :/

20 Likes