racerclc's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

All good brother thanks for the atc!

1 Like

For example, SWA, DL, and AAL are all coming in for landing. You tell the Southwest, Number 1, cleared to land. Then you tell the Delta, number 2, cleared to land. You don’t clear the AAL. The Southwest lands. You don’t need to notify the Delta, he can just continue on to land. However, when you clear the American, because Delta is now number 1, you would clear the American as number 2.

Hope that’s a better explanation ;)

1 Like

@Sean_Murphy Thanks for stopping by!

Not a problem! Glad I could help you! You actually did really well in my opinion, although me on the other hand, I need to work on my attack-like approaches lol!

1 Like

Attention: runway change! Here’s the new runway info:

Patterns will still most likely be performed on 01L.

I wasn’t able to fly for you today, but from the questions you asked above, I’ll send you my Golden Rules for Air Traffic Controlling on IF.

You will see ‘golden rules’ applied in the IFATC tutorial videos on YouTube. Check out these video’s. You’ll learn a lot!

1. Watch aircrafts on your platform. Good Ground control is important. Use hold position and give way instructions. Give way instructions are sometimes given before a taxi instruction.
  2. Understand the concept of the Pattern. Know your departure, crosswind, downwind, base and final legs.
  3. every new inbound always first gets a pattern entry instruction, to inform the pilot how he should approach
  4. Every runway change always first gets a pattern entry instruction
  5. sequencing is your friend ”. Very important. It is used to tell pilots who to follow.Re-sequence if this helps to provide clarity. Extend downwind, I’ll call your base, and speed instructions are not meant for sequencing. Use sequence instructions, as many and as often as is needed.
  6. Use I’ll call your base, to delay the base turn of an inbound aircraft. Apply this to create space to allow outbound aircrafts to depart, or to avoid clashes with other aircrafts.
  7. aircrafts remaining in the pattern get a touch and go with an exit turn direction. This is needed only once. After this, the pilot will assume the same exit direction (number 1, cleared for the option, after the option make left traffic).
  8. Timely clearance for landing or for the option
  9. landed aircrafts all get a runway exit instruction . Know your exit procedures
  10. an inbound aircraft only gets one (1) landing/option clearance.

Send me a direct message if you have questions.

1 Like

KLAS ATC service is now closed.
Thank you to the people who gave me feedback on my ATC performance! I certainly learned a lot today about how I can improve my controlling. Thanks!

update: KORD service is now closed.
KORD (Chicago), Training Server, Tower & Ground

Departing runways 22L, 22R, 27L, 28C, and 28R.
Arriving runways 27R and 28R.
(For departing aircraft: Unless you are flying patterns, please file your flight plan before contacting ATC.)

Pattern work is allowed. (expect to use 27R for patterns.)
All aircraft types are accepted.

Closing at approximately 2019-03-17T20:00:00Z update: KORD service is now closed.

Note: Expect a slight delay in ATC responses as I will also be doing other things outside of IF during this session.

Please only use “Remaining in the Pattern” if you are planning on doing touch&gos/patterns! Otherwise, please use the “departing north, south, east, west" or "straight out” command.

KATL (Atlanta, Georgia, United States), Training Server, Tower and Ground

Departing runways 8L, 8R, 9L, and 9R.
Landing runways 9L, 9R, and 10.
(For departing aircraft: Unless you are flying patterns, please file your flight plan before contacting ATC.)

Pattern work is allowed. (expect to use runway 10 or runway 08L for patterns.)
All aircraft types are accepted.
No intersection departures.

Closing at approximately 2019-03-24T19:25:00Z.

Please only use “Remaining in the Pattern” if you are planning on doing touch&gos/patterns! Otherwise, please use the “departing north, south, east, west" or "straight out” command. (if possible, please use straight out departures.)

1 Like

Terminal map:
Hartsfield-Jackson-Atlanta-Airport-ATL-Terminal-map

For this chart, “Domestic Terminal” = Concourse T, A, B, C, D, or E:

Concourse Airline
Concourse F Air France
Domestic Terminal Delta Airlines
Concourse F Qatar Airways Airlines
Domestic Terminal Southwest Airlines
Domestic Terminal Spirit Airlines
Concourse F Lufthansa A.G
Concourse F Klm Airlines
Concourse F British Airways Airlines
Domestic Terminal Frontier Airlines
Domestic Terminal Boutique Air
Concourse F Turkish Airlines
Domestic Terminal American Airlines
Domestic Terminal United Airlines
Domestic Terminal Alaska Airlines
Concourse F Korean Air Lines Airlines
Concourse F Air Canada Airlines
Domestic Terminal Jetblue Airways Airlines
Concourse F Virgin Atlantic Airways Airlines
1 Like

I’ll be departing for DLVA soon!

1 Like

30 minutes before KATL ATC closes.

@KC3DLL Enjoying those patterns?
@jakey2_0 You’ve still got some time, but don’t wait too long!

1 Like

That was fun!! Thanks :) :)

1 Like

KATL ATC is now closed.

Thanks to the many people who stopped by:
Glenn Miller - Delta 385; Cm Pereira - American 811; @keishawn_24k - N42203; ATL-MIA - Delta 612; Mike Honcho - N1984; @Captain_Jeff - Delta 468; Manuel - N420PN; SubscribeToCanada001 - N920HL; EVERTON FC - Southwest 254; Cpt Tommy - Delta 844; Eddie Farrell - Qantas 335; ICEMAN - Delta 351; @Brandon_Smith - Air Force 1 Heavy; @KC3DLL - Securite Civile 776; Delta Captain - Delta 1438; Captain Mark - Delta 820; Andy Diric - Southwest 1869; N280AY - American 2191; Timi Osunkoya - Acey 5332; @jakey2_0 - DLVA007; @EthanT2 - DLVA02;
And many, many others. (I give up…)

3 Likes

KSAN (San Diego, California, US), Training Server, Tower and Ground

Departing runway 27.
Landing runway 27.

Pattern work is allowed.
All aircraft types accepted.
No intersection departures allowed.
File flight plan prior to contacting ATC.

Closing at approximately 2019-03-31T00:50:00Z

Please only use “Remaining in the Pattern” if you are planning on doing pattern work!
Otherwise, please use the “departing north, south, east, west" or "straight out” command.

1 Like

I can pattern shortly for you!
Coming in N256E!

1 Like

Ouch I wasn’t paying attention and it stalled upon turning to final :(
Respawning in a bit hahaha

1 Like

I’ll stop by

1 Like

Sorry @jakey2_0 about that VELOCITY guy

edit: Thanks @EdgyEugene :)

1 Like

Sorry I had to leave abruptly. You did an impressive job! I’ll PM you on stuffs aight ;)

1 Like