Quick way check the METAR?

Isn’t it? Really grateful a friend told me about it!

1 Like

I tried it and its not working. I triple checked the number and I have LTE 4 bars right now. Anyone else having problems?

2 Likes

Not working for me either. Aviationweather.gov (where it pulls from) is working, so I wonder if it’s a problem on their end. I’d check back later.

@anon93248082 I can’t get away from you lol I was about to comment that option but I didn’t know you played IF! I set that text thing up last night

Do you have to pay for each message if you’re in West Europe?

I use the system in the attached image. Works every time! ;)

14 Likes

This one is awesome and easy to use, thanks!

Hey brother! Lol it’s a sign! Thanks for creating it man!

Rip looks like you have to buy a subscription

1 Like

Darn! Mine doesn’t work anymore thought it was a really good idea…

Well guess we can close and unlist this post now if any moderator is free to do this. Sorry all!

1 Like

There’s probably another one if you do some research…?

I’ll have to look around see if I find one for sure!

1 Like

There is a Website with Phone Numbers to Voice ATIS’. Some work some don’t, mainly they are all in the UK.

1 Like

haha this is fantastic

Currently searching the interwebs for my own copy

But in other news, this METAR texting hasnt worked for me. I’ll keep trouble shooting it

2 Likes

In the US we have airport information called the Chart Supplement which includes ATIS/AWOS frequencies, and usually includes a phone number to monitor the broadcast. It’s pretty cool.

1 Like

To go off of @SF34 's post, my home airport KHND has a landline which you can call to hear the current ATIS. Its free, but you can only listen to it three times and onely one caller at a time (if someone else is listening, you won’t be able to get through).

International Voice Rates and airtime charges apply when calling this number while outside the US.

Oh nice, I had no idea about that. There is a number in there for a field in Florida, I don’t think it works however…

1 Like

LOL! I need one of those!

Fantastic, great discovery hahahah

well you do have to pay $5 a month tho :(

1 Like