Quick question

I have a quick question maybe a stupid one. Can someone tell be what this green blinking arrow is on my glide slope during flight please. And why is it there and saying to do? Thabks

1 Like

That is the glideslope indicator. It tells you if you need to go up or down to get on the glide slope. If it points up, the glideslope is above you, if it points down, you need to descend to get on the glideslope.

Hope this helps! And no question is a bad one. 😉

6 Likes

So put into context, there you are below the glide slope, so you need to decrease your rate of decent, once the green diamond reaches the line, you will be perfectly on the slope :)

1 Like

You’re at 25,000ft. The glideslope indication will be all over the place

1 Like

@Butter_Boi answered perfectly, and I’ve got nothing to add except:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY🥳

3 Likes

@Joehamm WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY! 👌✌️✌️

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

To set the ILS (which it looks like you’ve done), go to the airport runway information and click the the desired landing runway and set it to NAV1. Afterwards, you’ll want to capture the ILS at a 30 degree angle.

Lets say I was landing Runway 27, the runway heading would be around 270. You’d want to intercept the cone at either 240 or 300 depending if you’re on the left or right side. Try to intercept the end of the cone at 3000ft AGL. That’s what the blinking arrow is. There should be able to see if you’re above or below the glideslope :) You should automatically be descending with APPR mode between the 2 dots at the center of the area you’re looking at

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting - never fear, questions and clarifications are welcome here. Feel free to buzz through previous posts and search for questions other pilots/users have posted before you, lots can be found there as well!

Welcome Aboard!

1 Like

Well that explains a lot of what I had ideas about. But why would it show up when I am so far away. Like I understand the glide slope when there is a Dimond

1 Like

Because it’s been tuned, it will still show. Oh, and welcome to the forum!

1 Like