Quick question

Ok so my problem may be pilot error but for some reason I have trouble centering with the runway on final, even with no crosswind, my plane just drifts to the left and right and it screws up my landings. I usually keep autopilot on until I’m about halfway on my final. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or what. If there’s something I’m doing wrong please let me know. Thanks.

1 Like

Are you using any rudder?

2 Likes

Make sure you are using your rudder to stay aligned on the runway. This is key.

1 Like

Rudder is important when landing

2 Likes

On top of what Alpha said, make sure to calibrate your device before disengaging A/P.

The biggest issue you can face on final is mostly over correction, your best bet is to just let it glide down. Turning too much can be catastrophic.

4 Likes

This might be annoying but the minute a see that start drifting to the left or right I just turn a lot so I’m saying that if your going left then turn right a little bit then if you going right then turn left you may have to do this a lot until you 200 feet from the ground.

1 Like

Also you want your speed to be in the 140-160knots depending on aircraft like the 140-160 may be good for a 777

1 Like

On the ground yes.

1 Like

As stated, use rudder when on landing. And tilt your device to keep it centred as best as possible:)

1 Like

It’s not easy to be on a center line it takes time and practice so make sure you go in solo and practice for a bit ;)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.