Quick Question - 737 Cockpit

Hey guys!

I’d like to know what this is, and then this topic can be obliterated.

The number is kinda going up and down. My flight is turbulent at the moment, if that helps.

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s an AOA or Angle Of Attack indicator. It tells you the difference between your nose angle, and flight path vector. Not sure if the unit though tbh… 🤔

2 Likes

Awesome. That helps! I assume you’re referring to the little dial that I circled?

Yep, I figured that’s what your asking about, so 😂

Yeah, that’s it. I also guessed maybe the G force. Actually, I’m gonna check the G-Force instrument in the bottom bar and see if it matches up.

1 Like

It’s not the G forces. Must be the angle of attack. Probably in degrees. Thanks, @KPIT!

Yo, if you’re pullin 1.8 Gs currently
I’d turn around 😂

1 Like

1.8 G’s is actually gentle, so…

That like having about 80% of your body weight on top of yourself. I wouldn’t call that gentle

Oh really? Lol. I guess I know nothing about G’s. I’ll have to read up on them.

I know that’s angle of attack, and I believe it’s in degrees. So like if your flying at a constant altitude (so flight path vector at 0 degrees) and at a pitch of 5 degrees nose up it would read 5 for example. It tells you the difference in degrees of those two.

1 Like

2 Gs would be like having yourself sitting on top of you

1 Like

Me being 220 pounds, that does not sound fun 😂

1 Like

No, it would not be comfortable 😂

1 Like

Cool then. Thanks, @KPIT for the awesome answer, as always 👍

1 Like

1 G is what you feel now, so 2 Gs and you just doubled your weight. The hardest rollercoasters will do maybe 2-5. F1 drivers will do like 4-5, fighter pilots like peak 9, and astronauts 0. 😂

(Fun trivia question, why do astronauts feel 0G when at that altitude they still have about 90% of the gravity at the surface being exerted on them? PM me if you know or want to know)

Sorry that’s off topic, just thought I’d drop in some comparisons…

2 Likes

That sounds amazing. I’ll PM you after thinking for a bit.

1 Like

That’s basically what I was trying to say but in a much easier to understand way 😂

1 Like