Questions regarding VAs

Hey IFC,
Are there any VA’s which are worth looking into which don’t specify one type of airline or aircraft?
Thanks,

Also, when you’re in a VA, can you join another VA or do whatever flight you want?

1 Like

You may join as many VA’s as you want to. Sometimes VA’s have route and aircraft restrictions

1 Like

I’d suggest taking a look at Virtual Organisations for groups with no specific needs and/or requirements. They should provide basic information on threads here in #live:va, where you can also find them at IFVARB.com

Virtual Airlines generally have higher requirements, restrictions to hours at the VA with aircraft etc. Some VA’s operate without ranks to aircraft. Each and every VA/VO is different, there’s no harm in trying out new things!

2 Likes

There are soo many VA’s to look out for, as many of the VA’s have codeshares & you can use different liveries & aircrafts to fly to various destinations!!
As for joining VA, you can join as many as possible…

Thanks everyone for responses,
I think I may join a couple as (thanks to y’all) I know that I can join more than one. I’ll have a look around and see what I feel like joining.

Now I have one more question, how much commitment does a VA require from you? Like can you still fly your own flights outside of you VA and can you choose what you participate to inside your VA?

1 Like

Each VA /VO has specific requirements. You can check them on their main thread or visit the requirements page on their website.

1 Like

So I’m gonna say, basically every virtual Airlines has multiple types of aircraft because of cochairs. When you have enough rank in the airplane, you can move up and fly different aircraft for codeshares
. For example, if you were in “VA 1”, and they were partnered with “VA 2”, you could fly “VA 2” routes while being on “VA 1”

And yes, you can join multiple vas

1 Like

And do whatever flight you want? For example fly EGLL to KLAX even when there is no flight in your VA which follows this route?

No, I said you could join multiple vas. Or you could join multiple by codeshares. For example, if you were part of British Airways, and they have a codeshare with jetBlue, You could fly for example New York to Fort Lauderdale as a British Airways pilot.

1 Like

No, VAs have their own set of routes that are reflected off of routes operated by their real counterparts.

So when you are in a VA, you can’t do whatever flight you want unless it is part of your VA? Or organisation that is part of the VA (counterpart)

Basically. If we can do whatever route we want, what’s the point of having a VA reflect a real airline?

1 Like

You are still free to fly outside of the VA. However, just make sure you meet the activity requirements for each.

I’m a part of several groups and still fly outside of the VAs regularly.

1 Like

This could help

2 Likes

Global Airtours, thread. Not promoting, but I’m fairly sure it’s the only one.

You can be in as many VAs as you want, but with activity requirements, I wouldn’t advise it.

Yes, you can do non-VA flights.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.