Questions on new device for IF

Hello IFC,

I am currently in the market for a new device for infinite flight, mainly looking towards iPhones and iPads, as all of my other devices are from Apple (Basically, nothing outside of apple). I am looking mainly at the following devices (in no particular order), although I will take feedback on other devices:

iPads:
iPad 10th gen 10.9 inch
iPad pro 12.9 inch
iPad mini 6th gen

iPhones:
iPhone 13 (standard)

Positive feedback is always welcome here, i am looking forward to seeing what you all have to say!
Thanks again :)

1 Like

An iPad is way better than an iPhone for Infinite Flight - a bigger screen is a big bonus.

Which iPad you go for depends on your budget - I personally would recommend the iPad Air 5th Gen as its in the middle of the iPads budget-wise but has a lot of power with the M1 chip. It’s probably the best iPad in terms of its value for what you get.

The iPad Air 5th Gen is also the device I’m currently using and the Infinite Flight experience on it has been close to flawless.

Hope this advice is useful,

Have a great rest of your day!
~ Ben

I’d suggest having a look into this thread. Scroll down to the comments on the thread and you will find reviews on the various generations of iPads!

Thank you for the feedback! I will definitely take a look, thanks for sharing! :)

Thank you, i will be sure to take a look at this!

1 Like

iPad Air 5 - very strong but cheap compared to Pros. I use the Air 4 and it still runs everything perfectly on maximum settings.

1 Like

Thank you, i will take a look at it!

these iPads are plenty powerful for IF.

the below is based off what i’ve seen around IF and off experience

the 10gen with its A14 (6 CPU cores, 4 GPU cores) - basically the same as the iPhone 12 - is pretty snappy even now, so IF on it should be no problem.

the 2022 12.9" pro model has the M2 (8 CPU cores, 10 GPU cores) can feel like overkill at times (at least on last year’s iteration). All the settings can be cranked up to the max

6th gen iPad mini is probably in the middle of these 3 tablets, it’s got the A15 (6 CPU cores, 5 GPU cores) and is about the same as the iPhone 13 (the mini does have an extra GPU core over the iphone 13) you also listed but it’s got a bigger screen.

iPhone 13 should be roughly the same as the ipad mini, excluding any heating. It does have 1 less GPU core though. I have the iPhone SE 3 with the same specs, and it performs very well.

Now I personally do like the iPads for IF better over the iPhones due to bigger screens. Out of your selection they are plenty powerful for IF most likely for years to come.

you can also check out the device compatibility thread to get a better understanding as to what settings and performance you can expect from people who actually used them.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback/ recommendations, I will consider these :)

Currently using the IPad Pro 12.9 2021 as of last week, and finding it perfect. Mainly bought as a study tool for my ongoing uni program however quickly found that I can start flying IF again after my old device became pretty much useless.

Runs the busiest airports with all ATC at the highest settings with no issues.

Only draw back could be its HUGE. If you’re worried about weight/ have smallhands maybe not the device for you. Took a little bit of working to get the sensitivity settings dialled in as its so cumbersome but once that’s done its been perfect.

Definitely recommend.

1 Like

thanks for sharing, good to know :)

I got an iPad 9th gen new from Apple. It works smoothly with all settings turned to high.

1 Like

Hello, I had “crash” problems on my old 9th generation iPad. So I decided to sell it because it was really unbearable. Every time I was seconds away from landing, the app would close for no reason. I’ve had the iPad Air 5 for 2 weeks now and I haven’t had any problems so far. It had been 5 hours since I took off from Los Angeles to London Heathrow and Infinite Flight closed for no reason. help me please

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.