Questions Needed For Episode 5 With Flight Dispatcher Tyler on the FVACast I Pushback

Our newest podcast guest Tyler will soon be joining us in our virtual studio for Episode 4. Tyler is a flight dispatcher for a charter airline that flies medical personal to and from various destinations. They retrieve all major organs from deceased organ doners for use by patients needing them.
They fly out of KDAL and KHOU with their overall fleet consisting of the Air 350, Mitsubishi Diamond Jet, Leer 55s, Citation Mustang, Citation lll, Lear 60s, Citation 7, and Hawker 800s.
If you have any questions feel free to drop some below. We are always excited when a guest comes on and the community is hyped to listen.

10 Likes

Cheddar or Bleu Cheese on burgers?

3 Likes

Why does his photo look like he is about to drop the sickest mix tape of 2017?

34 Likes

Does Tyler enjoy seeing all the beautiful Southwest aircraft at Houston Hobby…? :)

Mike

5 Likes

What is his favorite airport?
What is his favorite plane?

2 Likes

Oh you sneaky you ;) lol now I have to ask that question

3 Likes

Just made my day.lol

1 Like

q1: What qualifications and experience are needed to be a dispatcher and how long does it take to gain it?
q2: what is a normal day like and what is the interaction with Pilots as well as other ground staff and fellow dispatches?
Q3: as you work for a charter airline presumable each flight you plan for is different, how does this relate to being a dispatcher with a scheduled airline? Do you have a data base of standard routes which you can use as a base when planning flights or is each one a “clean sheet”?

2 Likes

Completely unrelated, but what do you guys use as a “virtual studio?”

1 Like

Why did he choose to become a flight dispatcher?

2 Likes

Virtual studio consists of my basemement and wherever the heck Matt is. So probably his picnic table outside.

4 Likes

The podcast episode is being filmed within a couple days so if you have any questions please ask them now ;)

Are these smaller planes allowed an expedited take off or landing, similar to a emergency vehicle, given the circumstances of the flight?

4 Likes

I’m actually curious of that myself. Good question :)

How did start your job as a flight dispatcher? What got you interested in aviation and being a flight dispatcher? Black Angus or Outback Steakhouse?

1 Like

Asking the questions that matter

2 Likes

lol that’s why I love you guys. Y’all know how to get to the heart of the matter.

2 Likes

Episode is being filmed tomorrow so if there are any wrapping questions before I have this closed so our host can check over them, make sure you get them out soon :)

I’ve had some folks asking me when the podcast episode is coming out…here is an official announcement:

Due to some heavy work as a dispatcher, Tyler is unable to make it until this upcoming Sunday. He is busy being a flight dispatcher. This means more juicy content for this episode also.
So most likely the episode will not be released until Monday 6th, 2017. Any further questions for Tyler please pop them below or if you’re sick of seeing this page go ahead and mute it ;) lol I don’t want to annoy anyone I’m simply trying to keep y’all in the loop. Thank you for your patience in understanding this delay. We’ll have you moving shortly.

I can’t find this podcast in the podcast app. What do I search for?

1 Like