Questions about virtual airlines

Hello everyone. I’m currently Grade 2 and soon I will be Grade 3. I see people talking about virtual airlines all over the community and Discord. I may consider joining one but what makes me think twice is that I don’t know to what extent people take things seriously. I mean, would I be forced to fly at certain hours every day or in a specific route? Would I be kicked out of the airline if I don’t be online for weeks or months, or is it simply just for fun as it is supposed to be? Why should one consider joining a virtual airline, i.e. what are the advantages?

3 Likes

Hey!
I’m in multiple VAs as a member as well as staff at Cargolux Virtual. To answer your questions:

1. No, you don’t have to fly at certain hours each day, or even have to fly specific routes. The way it works is that you are given a long list of routes you are allowed to fly, and you can fly those at any time. That list will get bigger and include more aircraft as you promote to new ranks and accumulate more hours.
  2. Most VAs have some sort of minimum activity requirement, an example would be having to file at least one PIREP a month. However, you can go on a temporary leave for a longer period of time if you think you won’t be able to fly for a while.

Joining a VA can be a great experience, and it provides you with motivation to fly more. For more information, I’d check out the policies of individual VAs, as well as whatever the IFVARB says on specific topics.

2 Likes

I definitely agree with this as I am in UPS Virtual and a part of event support team, It is has been an amazing experience so far, It gives you a reason to fly. I would definitely recommend joining a VA and it is not serious at all, the requirement at UPS Virtual is 1 PIREP per month. I hope you enjoy your time in the expert server and have a lot of fun!

Hello @arrowoftime!

Glad to hear that you’re interested in joining Virtual Airlines!

I’m Skye, the CEO of DHL Express Virtual, and also a member for around 5 other Virtual Airlines. I’ll answer some of your questions here:

No, you won’t be forced to fly a certain amount of hours everyday. For routes, there is a Crew Center database that contains routes that you can choose from to fly for that airline. Outside of flying for Virtual Airlines, it still doesn’t stop you from doing random routes you’d like to do in your free time. You can still fly your normal flights, without filing for the Virtual Airline.

Most Virtual Airlines have an activity requirement of at least one flight per month. If you fail to meet the activity requirement, it may result in removal. I recommend you check the Virtual Airline’s Discord/Slack etc. for updates frequently.

If you’re looking for a more realistic and fun experience, Virtual Airlines are the right choice. They’re lots of programs, fun events, and much more.

If you decide to join a VA, check out the #live:va category for more info. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello! VAs are fun but it’s much more simple than u think. You don’t need to fly a certain route and number of hours each day, u can spread out how much u fly. But be careful as if u don’t fly u could get kicked out as I almost did a few times

Thanks for all of the replies. I think I can do at least one flight a month per airline even when I’m busy outside. The reason I asked about how serious it is taken is that I once joined a Discord server of an airline just for basic questions about how the game works, was asked for voice verification and got kicked out just because I didn’t do it. I just don’t want this level of seriousness.

1 Like

Never heard of that. No Virtual Airlines that I’ve been in do that. Most Virtual Airlines just ask you to open a support ticket and they send you all the information for the VA etc.

Hello mate, for the experience you had in this discord was it for an Infinite Flight VA ? Thanks for your answer.

Hey!
on the IFVARB page all active VAs are listed:

By clicking on the corresponding links you will get to the respective pages and can inform yourself and find out what you like… you will find that there is a large offer with many different nice VAs.
As a newcomer, I also joined a VA very quickly (FedExVA) - and learned a lot about IF right away. Definitely recommendable!
Many greetings from Germany, RossiHB

1 Like

Well, I have just noticed from having a look at the full list that the group I have mentioned is not a VA but just another community in IF since there is only one VA of the airline in the list and they are clearly not them. I’m leaning towards joining one soon and the IFVARB list is really helpful.

2 Likes