Questions about overspeeding warning under 10000ft

Sometimes I fly in expert server, and when I am descending I didn’t take good control of my speed. When I reach 10000ft, I’m flying at about 255IAS but no warning was given, even though I was continuing my descent. However my speed was slow enough above 9500ft. I wonder why I didn’t trigger the alarm and what will trigger it?

1 Like

So you where decending at 255? If so the warning only happens at 260 knts

As Cpt_Zorndy said above, the warning kicks in at 260kts as this gives the pilots a 10 knot IAS leeway to correct their speed. That being said, you should still fly at a maximum of 250 knots IAS below 10,000. Flying at 259 is technically “okay”, but this might lead to you receiving some unwanted violations. An extra 9 knots won’t get you to your destination all that much quicker but it does put you at a greater risk of receiving violations.

1 Like

Maybe no… Sometimes when I depart I will trigger the alarm at 250kts. It might be something with altitude.

Not sure how that’s possible - perhaps you’re overlooking it? Since the beginning of Live, the warning has always been set at 260kts indicated :)

Oh, well I only get it at 260

Long ago the warning would be triggered at 250 knots, but they changed it to 260 knots years ago

2 Likes

The warning isn’t typically given at 260kts and above just to give you a bit of leeway.
Hope this helps!
Happy Flying
Cign

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.