Question of the day || Answer to 5/16 Posted || Question 5/17 Posted

ok were you just joking when you answered or did u think that was the correct answer, cause its not

It’s just a joke. (I hope everyone else knows that too)

1 Like

OK right I was worried for a sec

1 Like

Yes, the correct answer to that one was doing circuits around the airport, unfortunately not going from San Diego to La Guardia.

Which of the following represents the correct VFR cruise altitude for a flight going from Los Angeles to Phoenix?

0 voters

3 Likes

How can you calculate the altitude for VFR?

There’s a topic for that. Tutorial

Don’t look at it! There’s the answer…

3 Likes

VFR, 26000 ft, class A airspace, eastbound.
Everything is right about this alternative.

There should be an option that says “don’t fly VFR for that long” :)

2 Likes

Especially if you’re taking the western route. 😂

1 Like

Wouldn’t the eastern route be faster or am I misunderstanding your comment?

It’s too early in the morning and then I realized it. Should be western.

1 Like

To be honest, I was going to use San Diego as the destination, but then realized that it could get fuzzy as people could argue that they would take a weird route and go in different directions. Figured this would be easier.

1 Like

Well eighty two percent of you got that one right, and I must say I’m impressed.

What is the correct to say that you wish to follow your VFR flight plan when contacting approach?

• Check in
  • FF
  • Request frequency change
  • Request ILS approach runway at an airport not assigned to the approach controller

0 voters

3 Likes

Hey, we’ve gotten the last few of these right. Flight following is what you should request to follow a VFR flight plan.

When crossing a runway, which lights should be on?

• Landing lights, nav lights, beacon lights
  • Strobe lights, beacon lights
  • Nav lights, beacon lights
  • Landing lights, strobe lights, nav lights and beacon lights

0 voters

5 Likes

Well, most of you got this one right, you use all four lights when crossing a runway. In real life, however, you would not use landing lights to cross. This question was taken in an Infinite Flight context as we don’t have taxi lights yet.

What is an appropriate altitude to request a transition? (Assume all altitudes are AGL)

0 voters

1 Like

Agl I suppose…? You only request transition if passing in the airspace. Though that airspace is at a different altitude depending on the place if you consider MSL

1 Like

AGL, just added that thanks

4 Likes

Most of you got this one right, the correct answer is 5,000 ft AGL, the highest you should be requesting a transition.

You are in an SR22 at 4,500 feet flying VFR. You see another aircraft flying towards you at 4,500, flying VFR in a C172. Both of you are tuned into the same Approach frequency. What do you do?

• Wait for Vectors from Approach
  • Turn to avoid the oncoming traffic
  • Fly straight at the oncoming traffic until they turn away
  • End Flight

0 voters

Big thanks to @Bobby who came up with today’s question.

5 Likes

@BluePanda900 How far away is the conflicting aircraft? If it’s far away and not an immediate threat, I would wait for vectors. But - if it poses an immediate threat to the safety of the passengers and crew, I would turn.

If you can see him, he can’t be very far.

1 Like