Question for mods

Can you guys see and enter PM threads?

I thought they were supposed to be private…

@Swang007 @Philippe

I did as well…

I suppose they should be visible to an extent in case an Incident Occurs within one…

I suppose but I didn’t see anything flagged. Kinda strange

Are you talking about the IFEP thread?

Yes I was where you talking about something different?

No, I was talking about that!

And I can totally see what he means and why he did it, but my only concern is that we might end up flooding the events category! :) ;)

Yea that’s the whole reason we did that in the first place.

We understand the need for easy communication during an event; the event page is a first attenpt to fix that… it makes conversations specific to an event.

This forum is not intended to be used as instant msg. We do have plans to add better ways to commjnicate in game.

I understand that, but can the mods/admin read PMs without being added?

I second this request. I would be more cautious in PM’s otherwise.

Admins (matt and I) can, but we don’t and will not unless something really wrong is going on and there are reports of harassment.

I suppose that’s for the best really, and at least it would be wrong for Discourse’s developers to lock you out of viewing PM’s, in case an issue did come up.

There was “harassment” in our Communications page? @philippe

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Let me take a look…
Edit: There’s no explicit mention of reading your posts, but two sentences with an indirect reference.
“When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.”
This indicates that they are logging all ingoing server requests, but I guess that’s standard.

“We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.”
This just seems to tell you that they are always collecting data from you, the most direct mention.

@divebuddha @SkyHawk

Admins can view PM’s, that’s right. Formerly Mods too but that feature was removed!

I’m more concerned about the fact there may have been “harassment” going on. I’d hate to think I was helping run a crew where someone felt harassed enough to report it…

Ok thank you for the reposonse.

No but this forum is not the right medium for this kind of communication.

As I said, we are looking into a solution but it will take some time.

Oh right! We’ve already set-up a FaceBook Page! :) ;)

Thanks for your reply!