Question for all commercial airline pilots

I tried to post this In real world but it wouldn’t let me!

This is just out of interest really but if you fly for an airline, how do you decide between airbus or Boeing?

Is it your choice as an applicant? Or is this something that is done beforehand I.e. You set your mind on If and take external tests?

If in the wrong section please can a mod move the topic

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi! You can’t post in #real-world-aviation because you have yet to reach the appropriate trust level. But stay active and you’ll get there in no time!

6 Likes

Well, normally it’s up to the airline to decide. You can contact @DeerCrusher and @Heavydriver for this one:)

3 Likes

Not that I am a pilot for an airline but I think the pilots are trained to fly specific planes, and would have to fly the one they are trained for.

P.S - Mods don’t have the time to be moving topics around different categories. :)

That didn’t answer the question. He said how do you choose the aircraft you train for.

1 Like

If you don’t have experience, than there’s no need to answer 🙂.

1 Like

Its up to the airline (If they are ordering more boeing aircrafts then they will recruit more boeing trained pilots), also most newer pilots are on the short haul routes (Smaller Aircraft)… But as you go up the ranks some airlines will give you the option of what you would like to fly.

-Internet and confirmed by my friend

(If you dont want to take this as I am not a pilot myself. Then okay!)

Pretty sure you don’t have to be an ATP to awnser this one. You fly what ever they tell you you’re going to fly

5 Likes

Seniority and aircraft availability to answer simply.

6 Likes

Some airlines will let you decide if they don’t have a need of pilots for a certain type.

1 Like