Question About Training Server ATC

G’day all, I was just wondering is there a maximum amount of times you can be a controller on Training Server.

Not sure if this should be posted in the ATC category.

1 Like

Hi @Qantas094, I don’t think theirs’s a maximum amount someone can be ATC on training server. If anything this might be encouraged.

1 Like

Because I’m just scared there might be as I like controlling on Training Server.

1 Like

You can control atc on the training server for as many times you will, however you stop controlling if you become IFATC.

1 Like

Thanks mate for the help, I don’t need to worry anymore about not being able to control on Training Server anymore.

1 Like

Wait so does that mean you cannot control on the training server if you are a member of IFATC?

1 Like

Yes, IFATC can only control on the expert server.

3 Likes

a little more limited on the airports we can choose, but there’s always plenty, even if all the featured airports (on the schedule) are taken, we can open up anywhere in the featured region (shaded area) for that day.

Variety is nice.

1 Like

I was flying on TS a long time ago to KLAX sigh and a certain person on Socal Approach had this name:

IFATC - Doctor.

I’m 99% sure I’m not wrong, but I have to go through my replays to verify.

1 Like

Sometimes users will put IFATC in their names even if they aren’t part of the IFATC team.

There are no rules against it, but it obviously isn’t encouraged.

2 Likes

The same person I mentioned in my previous post was actually quite good at handling approach; he vectored everyone into a general direction of traffic that strangely was under control without trolls, mostly because a lot of people thought that person was IFATC.

3 Likes

Don’t be scared of ATC. start somewhere smallish, don’t go straight ahead for KLAX or EGLL. Slowly learn the commands through the frequencies and you’ll remember them in no time! Also create a thread in the ATC category clearly stating you are new, and would like help. I’m sure the community would love to help you with simple ground and tower control at an airport of your choice :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.