Question about performance

is it extremely laggy at crowded airports rn? as in more so than before 20.2? bc i know there will be huge amounts of 777s (which are resource intensive) lol

btw im not saying i’ve experienced really laggy conditions. in fact i havent flown since 20.2 came out bc of all the reported bugs, but with the hot fix now out I’d like to start again. I’ve never really experienced intolerable lag unless the airport is absolutely flooded, but there again there’s never been such a concentrated use of complex planes since 20.1

iPhone 8 plus, all settings on high, aliasing OFF, limit frame rate ON

1 Like

What device are you running and what graphics settings are you on.

i’ve just added that to the post now

Hmmm…the iPhone 8 is over 3 years old now and likely can’t cope with all settings on high.

Turn them all down to Medium and see if that helps.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed much lag on my ipad pro, but if you do, just reduce the airplane count in the live menu (turn on the airplane dots just in that case though!). The hype dried out a bit - nowadays 777 is about 40% of flights instead of 50-60 it was after the release

1 Like

Not really that helpful given the OP doesn’t have an iPad Pro.

@Captain_Oblivious please see my response above:

im not saying i’ve experienced really laggy conditions. in fact i havent flown since 20.2 came out bc of all the reported bugs, but with the hot fix now out I’d like to start again. I’ve never really experienced intolerable lag unless the airport is absolutely flooded, but then again there hasn’t been such a concentrated use of complex planes since 20.1

i;ve just added that too lol

OP’s Iphone uses A11 chip and my Ipad only has A10X, so I wouldn’t say it is incomparable

1 Like

@Captain_Oblivious I realise that - an answer to your question would be that on the iPhone 8 you will likely experience serious lag at busy airports (especially if there are lots of 777s around.

The A11 is only very marginally more powerful but the the iPads are more powerful than the phones so overall your iPad is likely more powerful than his phone.

i thought my phone was nasa certified :/

2 Likes