Question About Memory

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have a question about memory. I recently got a 32GB sd card, and I wonder that 1: If I have more storage space, does that me I can run more high performance graphics? And 2: Is it safe to move the game files (If I find them) to the sd card storage? Thanks.

P.S: I thought this should go in general as its not a problem, also, I have android 4.4.2.

1 Like

I’m not sure if there is any device which runs IF (maximum settings) smoothly.
Anyway, you have to look for a device with a good RAM, hard disk memory doesn’t impact on performance.

Okay, thank you!

These are screenshots from my device, HTC Google Nexus 9 on Android 6.0.1, all Graphics are set to maximum - no lag, consistent 60fps

1 Like

Your Z RAM will run on internal storage, not sdcard and only problem you’d have moving files to sdcard is widgets … no widget here so go ahead.

Also, on how to move files, goto the app info and see if it says move to sdcard

Mine does perfectly. I’m just using a 32 gigabyte iPad air

3 Likes

Wow, mine (an iPad Mini 16GB) crashes on live sometimes even with low settings!

I know this topic is old, but I found the answer I was NOT hoping for. Sadly, my device cannot move games to the sd card, only pictures, videos, movies, etc. Also, the device doesn’t even have the option to move games to the sd card. When my current device gets old and broken, I will make sure that my new device has the option to move games to the sd card.

1 Like

That is probably because the ipad air has more RAM (random access memory) which is what determines smoothness and the speed of a device, also what kinds of things it can keep stored without using disk space ex: saving websites in safari that are open in tabs without having to refreh them when you leave the app and then come back

My iphone 6s has 2GB of RAM vs the 1GB found in the 6 and is much faster and runs infinite flight more smoothly but i dont use the high setting because it kills my battery faster. PS: Your Disk Space has nothing to do with the speed of your device unless you have very little space left (less than 30MB). Also the disk space is the bigger number ex: 16 or 64GB and RAM is small, usually 1 or 2GB.

My iPad mini 4 and iPhone 6s does!!

Yes, I hope to get one soon :-) The first generation iPad Mini seems old already

Guys for no lag as well you do need a good GPU, not just memory :)

1 Like

I would say apple products run it very smoothly