Question about Level 2 Violations

Hello ! If you receive more than 5 Level 2 Violations in the past year when are you able to regain access to Expert Server ?

Hello @IFlyer,

You will regain expert server access when your first violation in that year received “expires”. Does this make sense?

2 Likes

Kinda but what do you mean «expires» ? Like after how long ?

So let’s say your first violation was September 7 2022. After that you have received the rest of your violations to not allow expert server access. After September 7 2023 passes at the exact time the violation was given, you’d regain expert server access.

2 Likes

Ohh okay ! Also another question. How does IFATC knows when to give a Level 2 or 3 to a pilot ?

There is a list of violation reasons available to the controllers. So for example let’s say a controller issues a command to a user that says “give way to aircraft on your left” and the user doesn’t. The controller can send them a “please follow instructions” although this is not required, it’s a nice courtesy. The controller can pull up a list of violations and in that case would be “failure to give way”

2 Likes

We’d usually select a reason that describes your action the best. For example, if we are reporting you for taking off on the taxiway, we would select that corresponding reason, and the level of violation would already be pre-determined.

2 Likes

Thanks but your link doesn’t work for some strange reason @Harish_Kumar1 😅

Ohh okay interesting I didn’t know that the violations were already Level 2 or 3 . I thought the controller decided himself if it was Level 2 or 3 .

1 Like

You can find it in User Guide → Getting Started guide → Pilot User Interface → Violation Reasons

1 Like

Thanks ! Found it

1 Like

Also do you guys know what can you do as a ES controller that you can not do in TS ? Like I know you can’t report pilots in TS but what else ?

ATIS is not available in TS.

2 Likes

And do IFATC members sometimes control in TS just for fun or do they really want to stay in ES ?

As an IFATC member, they are only allowed to control on ES.

2 Likes

And do you have to do something regularly like every month in order to stay IFATC ?

Sorry for asking so many questions it’s just I am really interested in IFATC

There is a given period of time where you have to control to stay active and maintain access to IFATC tools and resources. So yeah, like keeping the grade as a pilot you’ve tocontrol once in a while.

All good. You will get a written warning after 30 days of no activity and removal after 90 days.

I’m more than happy to answer any questions you have. But I will also refer you to this recruiting topic and there is a lot of good information there as well.

1 Like