Question about Friday Night Flight (FNF)

I have never attended a FNF before, (even though I’ve been grade 3 for a while now and almost grade 4) but I heard they are doing an Australia ——> UK flight, so I was interested. But this may sound like a stupid question, but when does this event start? Do they release a specific time when the airports will be active? A response would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

It’s stated in the event post.

1 Like

Ohh I see. Thank you very much!

1 Like

You’re welcome mate.

1 Like

The event lasts all day though, meaning you can start whenever and end whenever before the time is up.

2 Likes

Given the popularity of featured airports (EGLL in particular) you can reasonably expect it to be open as much as possible. We are volunteers though, so keep that in mind 24 hour coverage might not be possible. It will be a busy FNF, so be prepared, relax, follow instructions and enjoy!

3 Likes

In addition to what has already been said here, there are some peak times with high traffic loads and a better chance of ATC coverage, for example the evening hours in Europe and certainly those in the US as well.

1 Like

Usually it seems to be the most busiest during evening times (e.g 1900Z or 1900 EST)

If say cause more people would probably play it in America (I think) then it’s going to be busier during evening times in America (in EST, CST or PST)

2 Likes

Only on expert server?

1 Like

The FNF is on all servers but it’s more popular on the expert server. Most of the action happens there

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.