Question about clouds

When will we see these kind of clouds ?

im guessing they will add more types of clouds into infinite flight when project metal will arrive

5 Likes

There hasn’t been any announcement by Infinite Flight regarding clouds. We’ll just have to be patient here :)

1 Like

This is actually a good question. There was not a single mention of clouds since their release. Of course we had a ton of other features coming but I’d really love to see more types of clouds in IF ^^

2 Likes

More clouds are hoped for once project metal progresses. Just be aware that Project Metal isn’t just a single update. It’s a continuous development. There isn’t going to be a day where they say “today we’re shipping Project Metal”, and as development is released you won’t actually see a difference.
You are right in saying thugh that PM will help with different cloud layers. I think the issue is dynamic lighting, in that they’re trying to make it so light travels through and is affected by clouds (I think).

3 Likes

Well, since project metal doesn’t include specific features (see comment above) I wouldn’t be surprised if parts of it were already implemented to enble 3D buildings and the first cloud layer, but this is just a guess tbh. Regarding the cumulus clouds, no official info has been published yet.

1 Like

imagine just flying through those and experiencing turbulence

If they add that now, you can say bye to frames and high settings. Your device will kaboom