Quest Kodiak 100 Series II

Kodiak 100 Series II

Introduction:

The Quest Aircraft Company was founded in 2001 by Tom Hamilton and David Voetmann in Sandpoint, Idaho after both founders saw a need to develop a modern humanitarian aircraft using the latest innovations in the aerospace sector capable of operation in harsh conditions for humanitarian aid. After the completion of the design phase, the Kodiak was introduced in 2007. During its early operation, it was realized that the Kodiak was also very well suited to the General Aviation and Executive Market.

The Kodiak:

The Quest Kodiak is a high-wing turboprop STOL aircraft. First delivered in January of 2008, as of 2018, there are over 250 of this versatile aircraft in service. The Kodiak is used by many different organizations, from air taxi services to park and police services and even to wildlife management, this workhorse is in operation around the world. Introduced in 2018, the Kodiak Series II is an improved version of the older Kodiak. The Series II sports refined aerodynamics, a new navigation system, avionics upgrades, a redesigned interior, new optional equipment upgrades, and much more!

General Characteristics:

Crew: 1
Capacity: 9 passengers
Payload: 248 cu ft (no passengers) (7.02 m³)
Length: 34’2” (10.42 m)
Wingspan: 45 ft (13.7 m)
Height: 15’3” (4.65 m)
Wing area: 240 ft² (22.3 m²)
Aspect ratio: 8.44
Empty weight: 3,770 lb (1,710 kg)
Useful load: 3,535 lb (1,603 kg)
Max. takeoff weight: 7,255 lb (3,290 kg)
Powerplant: 1 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6 A-34 turboprop, 750 hp takeoff, 700 hp continuous (559 kW takeoff, 522 kW continuous)
Propellers: Constant speed, feathering, reversible propeller
Propeller diameter: 96 in (2.44 m)

Performance:

Maximum speed: 183 ktas (339 km/h)
Cruise speed: 174 ktas (322 km/h) 12,000 ft [3,700 m]
Stall speed: 77 kcas (143 km/h) flaps up, 60 kcas / 111 km/h flaps down
Range: 1,132 nm (2,096 km) 135 ktas, 12,000 ft [3,700 m]
Endurance: 9.9 hrs (95 ktas, 12,000 ft [3,700m])
Service ceiling: 25,000 ft (7620 m)
Rate of climb: (max. cont. at Sea Level) 1,371 ft/min (418 m/min) 874 ft/min @ 10,000 ft
Wing loading: 30.1 lbs/sq ft (147 kg/m²)
Fuel consumption: at 174 kn (322 km/h): 48 gph, 182 L/hr (3.63 nmi/gal, 56.5 L/100km)
Takeoff Ground Roll: 934 ft / 285 m
Braked Roll: (w/o reverse) 705 ft / 215 m

Interesting Facts:

India’s second-largest carrier Spicejet has explored the purchase of 100 amphibious Kodiaks to serve smaller airports in India with limited infrastructure as part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s plan of “letting every person fly”.

Funding for the aircraft was originally provided by 14 different missionary and humanitarian organizations.

Why We Need This In-Game:

The Kodiak is an aircraft for everybody, for General Aviation fans we get a high performance midsized general aviation aircraft, for long-haul enthusiasts you get an endurance of 9 hours, for people who like to explore you have the rough field capability and STOL characteristics, for fans of commercial aviation you get the chance to fly Aritaxi routes. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. Just kidding but on a more serious note this is a wonderful aircraft that deserves a chance to be in the spotlight of Infinite Flight.

Image Via Covington Aircraft
Quest Aircraft

Looks like a cool short hauler
But I ran out of votes

1 Like

Oh this would be such a cool aircraft to have in the sim. <3

Got my vote

4 Likes

I definitely agree. It would be such an amazing addition to the General Aviation fleet. Being able to fly to remote places with the aircraft would just be awesome. You definitely have my vote! 👍

1 Like

Got my vote 100%!

8 Likes

Never heard of this plane but I’m interested! Out of votes but this is definitely a cool plane to have in IF!

1 Like

This is something that deserves my last vote!

#voted

1 Like

Thanks for all the support everybody!

1 Like

Fun fact! Did you know that every 10th Kodiak is financed by the other nine airplanes that are sold at regular price to Quest’s retail customers. The 10th aircraft is given to a missionary or humanitarian organization at a reduced price!

3 Likes

My friend works for Quest, always enjoy these!

2 Likes

This is a neat looking aircraft! Looks like a mix between a DHC Twin Otter, a TBM, and a C208.

3 Likes

You got my vote, the more GA the better ;)

1 Like

ooooo! I like.

1 Like

Wow! Cool to know! I manged to visit the booth at Oshkosh so maybe they were there? I also managed to get some pictures of the departing aircraft, here is N912KQ! I’m guessing the KQ means its own by Quest as a demo aircraft?

2 Likes

@Aceorbit you probably met my friend Zach then!

1 Like

I love this plane. You’ve got my vote.

1 Like

I really hope this comes out one day 🙌🏼

My vote is here, I love this aircraft, especially the 208 but the Kodiak is full glass cockpit and the 208 is only partial. I’d prefer Kodiak in terms of performance.

It looks kind of like a beefed up TBM. Or a TBM and a C208 put together.

Giving this a bumb, I would love this, TBM+C208=AWESOME (Kodiak)

1 Like