Query regarding LNAV and VNAV

Hey, i checked on the community but dint really find what i was looking for. I have a doubt regarding LNAV and VNAV. The set altitude option on the FPL, does it control the aircrafts altitude automatically when we select LNAV/VNAV or is it only for our reference?

Thanks!

If, at cruise, you turn on VNAV, it will descend to those altitudes but will not climb to set altitudes. It only works with descent for the time being. :)

edit: VNAV will work with the altitudes, LNAV will work with the headings.

1 Like

so wait rn im flying and im on cruise…the next waypoint is EGPOB, will the aircraft automatically decend to the set altitude of EGPOB (15,000ft)?

the altitude and vs are shown on pink…vnav is activated

To add to that
Make sure to only enable VNAV if you are actively monitoring your device to avoid a report for unresponsive while decending .

1 Like

Check out Deers tutorial

1 Like

Yes it will.

1 Like

ok i’ll have a look on the tutorial…how would i get reported? i dint really understand…is it the speed?

1 Like

Yes, it’s the speed. He’s just saying when VNAV is on, that doesn’t exactly mean your device will fly itself, you need to monitor your speed so you don’t get violations :)

1 Like

oh ok got it…:) Thank you all for your help!

2 Likes

no worries, glad I could help.

1 Like

You also get reported when you descend and interfere with traffic because you enabled VNAV but you aren’t monitoring your device.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.