Queen of Britain 🇬🇧

With British Airways latest descion on retirement of 747 immediately I wanted to have some exclusive flying on probably every spotter’s joy and much awaited aircraft while spotting
Literally the flying Queen on Britain …
Those 4 massive engines flying round the world with the pride of Britain…
The British Airways 747 will always be a legendary aircraft and we all will miss once it goes to rest .
When you say British Airways it’s the queen that comes into mind first…

Here are some from my flight from Delhi ( VIDP )
To London Heathrow ( EGLL )
Note that British Airways had replaced the airframe operated on this route to the 787 Dreamliner but this route was actually flown by 747

Flight : BA142
Route: VIDP-EGLL
Flight time: 8h :20 mins
Flight plan: VIDP BIPAN DP403 BUTOP 2925N/7516E GUGAL NITIV JHANG LEBIB DI REGET DOBAT MESRA PATOX NEVIV VUVEN LEMOD NINOP ABDAN MAVAX DOKAN ATASH BEDEV TIROM INRED GIRUL BALIG AKT AZABI TOLRU ABTON LUGEP BAKAM SOMRO TUBNA OBETI ABLOG DERIB NALEM VALPA DIMAB TAGAN TOVPU PEKIT EDIMI BEMBI DORER VABOD USTIL LUBEN DIMEX LOLKO EVGAG GOVEN POVEL NIGUG ODVIL ABNED IBNOS XAMAN LOGAN 5143N/114E TRIPO SABER BRASO D083L LAM 5129N/010W EGLL

Server: expert

Shots as I approach Runway 9L
Wind 30@6kt

Another BA772 holding short as I land …
777 admiring the mighty queen 😉👑

Before announcement of retirement BA operated their 747s to the following :

Boston
San Francisco
Cape Town
Lagos
Las Vegas
Phoenix Arizona
Dubai
Toronto
JFK New York

Have you flown on the BA queen comment below or have gotta chance to spot one ?
Which was your favourite route you have flown on 747 BA in IF ?

We all will miss the queen 😟😭🥺 @if.england @Speedbird_286
@J2S

17 Likes

Nice photos!

1 Like

Thanks Nicholas hope your safe and doing good 😊

1 Like

Awesome photos!

1 Like

Awesome pics @Hari!
I like the first and fourth ones, keep it up. 👍

@AvioesEJogos, this one is for you:)

1 Like

Awesome pictures as ever @Hari

1 Like

Awesome photos!

The Queen of the Skies will forever be remembered by aviation enthusiasts young and old alike. It will live in the books, in the hearts, and hopefully, for many years to come as a freighter. Regardless of its future, rest assured that she will be remembered and loved. We will never forget the 50+ years of service of this magnificent piece of mankind genius and engineering. It revolutionized air travel and the way we connect with each other across the globe. With five variants and some additional special versions (VC-25, SP, etc), she was a pioneer of her day and for the future; she was an example of all things beauty, grace, and aerodynamics.

Now, as aircraft are more fuel efficient, and aircraft can fly farther, airlines and operators must, very sadly, say goodbye and farewell to the beautiful lady.

And so, ladies and gentlemen, and aviation enthusiasts everywhere, let me honor our Queen with the playing of Taps, a tune usually used to remember the lost in battle. I would also like to request that an atmosphere of silence and respect is held during the playing of taps.

4 Likes

😪😪😪😰😰
I hate it when an old plane type goes. Regardless of what it is.

1 Like

She will be missed massively.

Just remember we were lucky to be in the 50 years to see her.

@Hari amazing pics

1 Like