Quality of Alitalia over the years

Has anyone else noticed the quality of Alitalia going down drastically over the past 20 years. Recently, I took a flight to Rome from Los Angeles on their 777, seeing images of the older planes makes me question what happened to them. Of course everything comes down to money, however who allowed their airline to become so terrible. The seats are slightly ripped, there is very little legroom, and many of the IFE systems just barely function (couldn’t watch anything for 12 hours because my whole row had a problem mid flight with the lights and IFE).

8 Likes

When Qantas has problems with someone’s IFE they reset all of the screens on the whole aircraft! @Massimo_Murgida

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Alitalia is failing, there airline is in a lot of trouble and I think they were near to bankruptcy as well but they are now partners with Etihad so that starting to turn things around so form now on it should only get better

Many airlines don’t need a cash injection they need to start making profit the reason for alitialia is the brand

1 Like

There have been several Alitalias over the years, they all went the way of the Concorde.

Etihad own 49% of the airline so I think it’s fair to say that they could be giving money but that’s what needed along with a major rebrand, you have to admit the new livery looks far better

What are you trying to say and I don’t appreciate being told to shut up

2 Likes

Since etihad acquired 49% of Alitalia SAI we must say that much has changed for the better. New incoming aircraft, new configurations, new livery new interior and a new class service. You have flew on a 777-200ER not configured with the new interior and without the new livery. The IFE problem faced by b777 will be resolved in the coming months by placing it under the seat not favoring a better functioning. With next year a B777-300ER will enter into the fleet with a lower age; andnext year 3 new a330 will enter the fleet by increasing the fleet and therefore reducing the lack of aircraft problems. Cramer Ball together with the CEO of Etihad are considering joining Air Berlin with Alitalia to make a great company based on the long haul. So you have to be up one year and Alitalia will come back to earn and invest in a good service that will compete with other European companies. sorry for my english but I only 16 years old and I do my best 😂.

4 Likes

Etihad is a big reason for the rebrand without them I think the airline would be in a disastrous state

I say that you can not say that Italy will go bankrupt if you do not know this year’s data, the gains and losses. Alitalia is growing again and slowly back among the leading companies in Europe. Excuse to “shut up” but I’m tired to hear insults and unfounded statements about our beloved airline😁

3 Likes

I have never thought to have flown with them nor would I ever unless I lived in Italy

Iranair it’s OK. But Mahan air with Kish air and taban are horrible airlines

It’s the truth without Etihad they would go bankrupt, look at how many airlines in Ameica went they used to be successful but they couldn’t keep up its the seem with Alitalia they needed a major player to help them

1 Like

2 Likes

What are you talking about??Alitalia is on great update frim last year cause etihad buy 49% give them 1 or 2 years and will be one of the best air company in eu @Parsa calm down

1 Like

1 Like

Sei italiano? Aiutami tu a farglielo capire😂😂

3 Likes