QF4 Flight Review | Honolulu to Sydney - A330-300

Hello!

Today I bring forth a flight review. This flight review is for Qantas Flight 4; a flight that was operated in the Airbus A330-300 at the time I flew. Currently, it is being flown by a 747-400. I hope this is helpful!

Back in April of last year I took a cruise from Sydney to Honolulu, stayed in Honolulu for 5 days and flew back with Qantas. This trip was for vacation with my family. Our scheduled departure time was at 10:30am from Honolulu and a scheduled arrival time of around 5pm in Sydney. In Honolulu it was a wonderful spring day, while in Sydney, it looked like London in winter (very overcast and cloudy).

Honolulu Daniel K. Inouye International Airport

Honolulu International Airport is a planespotters dream, a completely open terminal and departure hall, with no window’s in unnecessary places. I didn’t really have time to check out any of the restaurants as we had just go to the airport in the nick of time to get checked in, go through TSA and walk to the other side of the terminal. The TSA line wasn’t that long or that short, it took about 20 minutes to half an hour to get through. Once we got to the gate (Gate 30 in the Hawaiian Airlines area of the airport which is quite interesting seeing Qantas aren’t Hawaiian Airlines ) I did a little bit of spotting before boarding. Overall, Honolulu International Airport is a great airport, large and spacious and as mentioned before, a panespotters dream.

The Flight 

On this flight, the aircraft we were flying was an Airbus A330-300, the configuration in Economy is a 2-4-2 configuration and I was seated in 53A, a seat with two window’s. Boarding was very quick and easy, back to front boarding is the way to go.

DSC_0531

DSC_0530

In this seat, you get quite a lot of legroom, 31 inch pitch, 17 inch width; you also get a foot basket to rest your feet in…

DSC_0527

The flight time on this flight was 10 hours 5 minutes long and had two meals and a snack.

DSC_0554

DSC_0542

Sydney Kingsford Smith International Airport

Sydney International Airport is a large, clean airport. My flight arrived during the peak time of arrivals. We had longer lines for Customs and a waiting time of about 15 to 20 minutes. Once we passes through Customs, we went to the baggage claim where we found out that they had sent our bags on the wrong belt (other people on our flight got their bags, we didn’t). So, we went to the baggage belt and collected our bags and exited the terminal.

Overall Ratings   

Waiting Experience: 3/5
Boarding Experience: 4/5
Aircraft: 4/5
Crew/Customer Service: 5/5
Catering: 4/5
In-Flight Entertainment: 5/5
Seat Comfort & Equipment: 4.5/5

Tell me what you think! I hope you find this helpful!
Happy Flying
-Igamer

19 Likes

Would you have preferred the 747 or A330?
Glad you had a nice flight, but of course it Qantas 😀. And I have to say that the Honolulu to Sydney route seems very pleasant.

1 Like

Would’ve definitely preferred the 747. It is, it’s a perfect length.

1 Like

Great review !!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.