Qatar Places Order For 50 Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft

Qatar Places Order For 50 Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft

Source

After all the drama with Airbus and Qatar, the airline has announced that they will be ordering up to 50 Boeing 737MAX 10 aircraft.

This order will also likely contain the 777X freighter order that was teased by the airline a few days back.

Both Qatar and Boeing declined to comment on the situation, and what the future will look like for these aircraft. With the change in heart over to Boeing, Airbus will lose a huge customer.

25 Likes

Saw this coming from a mile away. Can’t wait to see the MAX wear the Qatar livery!

1 Like

Wow! This is going to be interesting, especially since all of Qatar’s flights are usually long.

Today has certainly been a great day for Boeing!

4 Likes

OMG

6 Likes

Looks like they went for the 737-10 👀

2 Likes

Wow this is exciting! Livery looks great on it!

Nice to see the 737 max getting some love

1 Like

6 Likes

Boeing is officially launching the 777X freighter, so this is big news. Unsurprising though. Good for Qatar!

7 Likes

Good luck to Boeing! Al Baker is certainly nobody you want to deal with. His hormones play him every now and then make him extremely emotional and irrational. We saw how it played out for QR and Airbus so let’s hope he won’t pull one of his moves on Boeing as well…

1 Like

Literally predicted it 😂

Boeing is making a comeback!

1 Like

Wow! Boeing really struck the gold with this!

I cannot wait to see the first 737 MAX for Qatar in Seattle, and certainly cannot wait to see the 777-8F in Seattle!

1 Like

Is that picture real or?

That is most likely a rendering of whats to come.

1 Like

Looks pretty realistic though🤣😅

I don’t think they really lost a customer. Airbus rather pushed them away deliberately. Now I am even more interested in how the lawsuit will pan out. If QR did exaggerate, after all, they might have to pay a huge defamation penalty fee, which would really make me question their liquidity after that. But maybe they are right with their claims after all…

3 Likes

Here is a tweet put out by Boeing about the 777-8F! And down below is a rendering of the Qatar Airways Cargo livery!

3 Likes

I bet airbus is regretting it right now. it’s their fault that they just lost 6 billion dollars to Boeing

They probably aren’t regretting anything because they initiated the order cancellation themselves, and they still definitely made some money because of a non-refundable fee or something else in the contract

1 Like