Qatar Cargo Boeing 747-8F

About Qatar Cargo

Qatar Airways Cargo, the airline’s freight branch, is the world’s third largest international cargo carrier. It has ordered thrirteen Boeing 777F.The first Boeing 777F was delivered to the airline in on May 14, 2010, and has freight facilities able to handle 750,000 tonnes of cargo per annum during its first development phase. The Boeing 777F will be used primarily on Qatar Airways’ Far East and European routes and will be supplemented by Airbus A300-600F freighters operating on regional routes feeding the airline’s hub.

Dedicated cargo flights to Cairo International Airport were launched in June 2009 complementing the passenger services already operated.

On August 18, 2010, the airline launched its first US dedicated cargo service from its hub in Doha to Chicago-O’Hare with a stop-over in Amsterdam, Netherlands using Boeing 777 freighter aircraft.

On March 13, 2013, Qatar Airways Cargo first of three A330F was delivered provided on lease from BOC aviation replacing A300-600F.

Global Supply Systems operated three Boeing 747-8F aircraft under a wet lease arrangement for British Airways World Cargo until BA terminated the contract early on January 17, 2014. An agreement with Qatar Airways to operate flights for IAG Cargo using Boeing 777F was announced on the same day.

On March 18, 2015, Qatar Airways Cargo announced that starting April 4, 2015 will launch a twice-weekly Boeing 777 Freighter service to Los Angeles which will become Qatar Airways Cargo’s fourth US freighter destination alongside Houston, Chicago and Atlanta.
On December 27, 2016, Qatar Airways Cargo has announced that it will launch freighter operations to four new destinations in the Americas, Boeing 777 freighters will fly twice a week to the South American cities of Buenos Aires, São Paulo, Quito* and the North American city of Miami. starting 2 February 2017.

Boeing 747-8F

The 747-400 and earlier versions had proven to be a very popular freighter, carrying around half of the world’s air freight. To maintain this position, Boeing designed a freight variant of the 747-8, named the 747-8 Freighter or 747-8F. The company launched the freighter version on November 14, 2005. The 747-8F is the initial model to enter service. As on the 747-400F, the upper deck is shorter than passenger models; the 18-foot-3 1⁄2-inch (5.575 m) stretch is just before and just aft of the wing. 747-8 Freighter was designed with a 975,000 lb (442,000 kg) maximum take-off weight with a payload capability of 308,000 lb (140,000 kg) and a range of 4,390 nmi (8,130 km). Four extra pallet spaces were created on the main deck, with either two extra containers and two extra pallets, or three extra pallets, on the lower deck.[20] The 747-8F is expected to have a 16% lower ton-mile operating cost than the 747-400F and offer a slightly greater range.

Cargolux and Nippon Cargo Airlines were the first customers for the 747-8, placing orders for the freighter variant in November 2005.The firm configuration of the aircraft was finalized in October 2006. Major assembly of the aircraft began on August 8, 2008, and the aircraft first left Boeing’s Everett factory on November 12, 2009. The first aircraft was delivered on October 12, 2011, to Cargolux. At its six-month service mark, Boeing announced that initial 747-8F operators had achieved a 1-percent reduction in fuel burn over projections.

SOURCE: HERE

68604_1504494491

HERE

I think the 747-8F needs this livery. It will be great for cruising in the Middle East!

What do you guys think? If you love it be sure to click on that Blue vote Button in the top left corner of the screen.

OMG, I was about to ask if this was photoshopped.
She is beautiful I didn’t know Qatar had 747’s

4 Likes

They just started to operate them. This exact plane rolled out of the Paint hangar in PDX today! So I wanted to make a feature request.

2 Likes

I’d love to. I can’t unfortunately since I don’t have any votes left. I’ll bookmark this topic to vote it later when I become a regular :)

2 Likes

Yes, I really want this bird in IF. Imagine soaring over the Middle East in this livery!

2 Likes

Nice CTRL C CTRL V description 😂😂.

Lovely plane, lovely livery, I’d like it alot :)

10 Likes

It says ‘Limit’.
Sorry, I don’t have any votes left, if I did, I would’ve surely voted for this beauty!

2 Likes

Very nice livery, sadly I don’t have any votes left

1 Like

beautiful Plane, nice livery,Sorry I don’t have any votes left

1 Like

What do you mean? It’s a mear suggestion as it you really love it, be sure to vote. If that is what you were referring to.

1 Like

I mean the fact the description is a copy + paste from wikipedia :), and i’ve run out of votes :(

1 Like

Oh yeah 😅 Im not really all that familiar of Qatar Cargo. If it was an airline like Air Canada, I would have written my own Article.

1 Like

I’m out of votes as well :/

Just going to give this a little bump. I really support this idea!

I also switched the pics

Bumped it for you. This plane suits that livery especially in the sunset. VOTED!

5 Likes

THANKS! I really love the 747-8F and this livery is gorgeous!

As much as I appreciate the incredible amount of information present in your post, are you sure this is right?

Wikipedia says 13, not 3.

Well, this request was made in September so maybe something has changed.

10 aircraft in a month? I don’t think so. Anyways, just a detail.

1 Like

Bumping this