Qatar Airways to lease five LATAM A350s

As I recently browsed planespotters.net I noticed something odd:

check the reg ;)

Due to the delayed delivery of their A350s QTR decided to help themselves at their new oneworld partner LATAM leasing four of their brand new A350s for 6-12 months.

http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/qatar-airways-leases-first-of-four-a350-aircraft-from-latam.html

Thoughts?

15 Likes

This is awkward… well I’ve never seen an airline use other airlines’ aircraft.

1 Like

Why so new a350s? Before LATAM can play with them?

Obviously the South-American industry has too high capacities for too little amount of passengers.

And since Qatar Airways is a 10% owner of LATAM it wasn’t too difficult for them to get those four A350s they need

6 Likes

Etihad has 9W aircraft in their operations. AF leases aircraft whenever their crew strikes. It’s not that uncommon.

1 Like

Ahh,

i bet ya there’s enough toys to go around!

No wonder the 777s come to KMCO now.
THE MORE YOU KNOW

EX: This is like Etihad leasing some of emirates planes.

2 Likes

How nice of them, especially leasing sparkling new A350s

1 Like

This is why u go Boeing. Boeing is on time not costing airlines more money so they don’t have to lease aircraft.

1 Like

I think it’s fantastic

1 Like

It seems Qatar gets frustrated with the long delays. They even threatened to buy Boeing planes if Airbus keeps delaying it

2 Likes

That would be nice fi they changed. They need some 747-8s since they operate so many A380s and 777s.

2 Likes

Qatar seems to be frustrated about everything. Remember when they returned an A320neo just because of the GTF, then said they’d buy the 737MAX? Seems like they make these statements everyday…

1 Like

The 787 program was significantly delayed, costing customers millions, if not billions in lost fuel savings and potential sales.

3 Likes

YES its very annoying air new zealand was first 787-9 customer and the 787-9 was replacing the 767-300 and it is taking longer to replace them they were meant to be replaced 3-4 years ago and there are still 2 left now

1 Like

Meh… still Boeing!!!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.