Qatar Airways postpones the world's longest non-stop flight due to "A350" delay

4 Likes

Come on QR…

1 Like

With rapid expansion, there is really nothing QR can do when the seat manufacturers do a shoddy job of the seats and forcing them to refuse delivery.

2 Likes

Methinks this is yet another excuse for AAB to delay the launch of the likely loss-making DOH-AUK…

2 Likes

I don’t think so, QR has had a lot of issues with the quality of the interiors they’ve been looking at. They are better off getting it right than to press planes into service.

Quick concern but what is a doh I read people writing it but what I see on Google is this yellow human who like to his his head with his hands

DOH is the IATA code for Doha, Qatar’s airport, not a simpsons reference.

6 Likes

[quote=“Boeing707, post:7, topic:39468, full:true”] simpsons
[/quote]

😂😂😂LOL, it’s ok, not everyone is a aviation geek or an aeroplane amateur

1 Like

We all know the recent row that Qatar and Airbus have been having, and how Qatar have publicly announced their unhappiness to the point that Al Baker has even threatened to walk away from the deal with Airbus, tbh i take it with a pinch of salt. Airbus recent struggles are well documented (most the problems outside of airbus control) I have a feeling that the Qatar are sniffing around to find leverage to make a cheaper deal, because if Qatar walks away and goes to Boeing its a huge loss to Airbus. if you look at the past couple of weeks Qatar have been publicly announcing delays and frequency reduction timely with Al Bakers Interview. Well Played Qatar well Played, But poor airbus :P

3 Likes

Yeah, QR can just keep their A340’s till the 777Xs arrive.

1 Like

Thanks you so very much for the clarfyingcation

1 Like

No problem, Madame Spices

4 Likes

Well, they’ve already signed orders for the planes. They’ll have to take them at the agreed-upon price or else QR faces cancellation penalties. QR has to delay some routes if they don’t have the planes they need, it’s not a PR stunt to delay the route, they face angry customers when they do this. They won’t do it for PR against Airbus.

1 Like

Just for clarification, that is ‘clarification’ not clarfyingcation

Al Baker has been quoted saying they will walk away from the deal at any cost, money is money but i guess if you have deep pockets like Qatar, what difference does it make, they just want to be the best of the best!

2 Likes

Airbus won’t be crying, A350 slots are in high demand. Freeing up a lot of those production slots would be great for Airbus to clear that backlog they have. QR would be screwed as they won’t have the capacity to expand as their only realistic choice with available slots within 24 months would be the 777-300ER. AAB is full of hot air.

1 Like

My sorrys English my language number 3

I am not super madame Carson I believe not that you must respect me by getting my attention referring to me like madame

Oh ok. No worries.

So what are the derails for this?