Qatar Airways is finally coming to San Francisco.
In early 2017, Qatar Airways announced it intended to serve San Francisco some time in 2018. That never happened.
Today, Qatar Airways has announced it will officially launch flights from Doha to San Francisco starting December 15, 2020.
Details of Qatar’s new DOH-SFO flight:
- Operates with the Airbus A350-900
- Operates four times a week
- San Francisco is Qatar’s eleventh destination in the United States
- Distance between Doha and San Francisco is 8,087 miles or 13,014 kilometers.
- Flight time should be around 14-15 hours
Schedule: 4x weekly on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday
- Doha (DOH) to San Francisco (SFO) QR737 departs: 08:15 arrives: 12:55
- San Francisco (SFO) to Doha (DOH) QR738 departs: 14:55 arrives: 17:15+1
(All of Qatar Airways’ U.S. destinations)
Qatar Airways’ CEO:
"We are thrilled to welcome San Francisco as our newest destination, and our ninth current gateway (Atlanta and Miami are suspended) in the U.S. As we navigate the crisis, we have made it a priority to not only reinstate our existing destinations and be the airline travellers can rely on, but to also grow our network and increase connectivity with new and relevant destinations for our customers to enjoy. “As the gateway to Silicon Valley and the vibrant tech economy, the San Francisco Bay Area is a globally important destination, both from a business and leisure perspective.”
Press Release/Image Credits
Map generated with gcmap.com
It’s worth noting Emirates has suspended its Dubai to San Francisco flight until at least March 2021, so Qatar Airways may be trying to capture the Middle East market in the Bay Area.
Congrats to San Francisco Airport on receiving a new airline during COVID-19.