Qatar Airways Announces Flights to San Francisco

Qatar Airways is finally coming to San Francisco.

In early 2017, Qatar Airways announced it intended to serve San Francisco some time in 2018. That never happened.

Today, Qatar Airways has announced it will officially launch flights from Doha to San Francisco starting December 15, 2020.

Details of Qatar’s new DOH-SFO flight:

• Operates with the Airbus A350-900
  • Operates four times a week
  • San Francisco is Qatar’s eleventh destination in the United States
  • Distance between Doha and San Francisco is 8,087 miles or 13,014 kilometers.
  • Flight time should be around 14-15 hours

Schedule: 4x weekly on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday

• Doha (DOH) to San Francisco (SFO) QR737 departs: 08:15 arrives: 12:55
  • San Francisco (SFO) to Doha (DOH) QR738 departs: 14:55 arrives: 17:15+1

(All of Qatar Airways’ U.S. destinations)

Qatar Airways’ CEO:

"We are thrilled to welcome San Francisco as our newest destination, and our ninth current gateway (Atlanta and Miami are suspended) in the U.S. As we navigate the crisis, we have made it a priority to not only reinstate our existing destinations and be the airline travellers can rely on, but to also grow our network and increase connectivity with new and relevant destinations for our customers to enjoy. “As the gateway to Silicon Valley and the vibrant tech economy, the San Francisco Bay Area is a globally important destination, both from a business and leisure perspective.”

Press Release/Image Credits

Image: https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/1334318/a7-ald-qatar-airways-airbus-a350-900/

Map generated with gcmap.com

Press Release: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/press-releases/2020/october/EnQRSan.html?activeTag=Press-releases

It’s worth noting Emirates has suspended its Dubai to San Francisco flight until at least March 2021, so Qatar Airways may be trying to capture the Middle East market in the Bay Area.

Congrats to San Francisco Airport on receiving a new airline during COVID-19.

30 Likes

@GlobalFlyer1 @GlobalFlyer1 @GlobalFlyer1

This looks amazing! I would really like to fly this route in Infinite Flight some day!

2 Likes

Wow, this is awesome! I’m surprised to find out that it didn’t already exist

1 Like

Just heard about this like 5 minutes ago, very interesting! They flew here in early July as a repatriation flight to Bangalore via Doha, and planned to begin flights in 2015 or 2016 and never did, so it’s great that they’re finally going through with those plans!

2 Likes

That’s pretty crazy, in under a month both of those cities received announcements for nonstop service to SFO.

3 Likes

hehehehe @ran @CaptainLeo1 😏

Too bad no international airliners want Vegas as a destination 😔

2 Likes

QATAR AIRWAYS? AHAHSHHAUSUASUHSA
@N2628P ^^^^^^^^

AHHHHHHHHHH

3 Likes

mmmmmmmmmmmmm sfo just keeps dominating

3 Likes

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm las just keeps undominating

1 Like

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm phx just keeps x2 dominating

1 Like

Yes SFO! Another service to the middle east. Next stop, Etihad!

lmao welp they better start steppin it up lol

We do get an Etihad 77W for UFC every 2 days. I guess that’s cool but you can’t fly it. @BigBert10 's also not gonna be happy about this haha.

3 Likes

Ahh yes, Etihad used to fly the 77W earlier. Unfortunately cause of their debt, they stopped the service, but it seems that in another 3-4 years, they should be able to start making profits again & Etihad should come back to San Fran.

That said, it’s time for me to make an SFO event now that Doha & Bengaluru service have been confirmed!

3 Likes

its going to be fun to spot Qatar in San Fran now. Im so excited!

1 Like

That’s exciting! I love the Qatar’s A350s, best looking livery for it imo.

1 Like

This is @GlobalFlyer1’s dream! I remember him always telling me he wanted this route!

3 Likes

Yayyy🎉🎉 Finally my dream comes true!

1 Like

Hey were getting better… … …

It seems that fares for SFO-DOH are around $1100 for 1 round-trip economy ticket & $4500 for 1 round-trip business class ticket. If connecting to DEL, BOM, or BLR, the flight fares are ~$1500 round-trip economy ticket from SFO-DOH-DEL/BOM/BLR & still around $4500 for the 1 round-trip business class ticket even with the connection.

San Francisco is the 11th airport that Qatar serves in the United States (Others being Boston, Chicago, New York-JFK, Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort Worth, Miami, Washington D.C, Houston, Atlanta, & Philadelphia).

The A359 seating configuration will consist of 247 economy class seats & 36 business class seats. There are no first class seats on the flight.

1 Like