At the Kuwait Aviation Show 2020, Qatar Airways announced 8 new destinations from its hub in Doha:
(All images by Qatar Airways)
Doha to Almaty (ALA):
- Qatar will launch nonstop service from Doha to the largest city in Kazakhstan, Almaty.
- Service will begin on April 1, 2020, twice a week and increase to four weekly from May 25, 2020.
- Qatar will use its A320 on the route.
Doha to Nur-Sultan (TSE):
- The airline will also launch flights to Kazakhstan’s capital, Nur-Sultan which was previously known as Astana.
- Flights begin on March 30, 2020, operating twice a week on the A320.
Doha to Trabzon (TZX):
- Qatar will launch its seventh city in Turkey with Trabzon.
- Begins May 20, 2020, three-weekly with the A320.
Doha to Siem Reap (REP):
- Qatar’s second Cambodian city following Phnom Penh
- Set to being November 16, 2020, using the A321 five times a week.
Doha to Lyon (LYS):
- Qatar’s third destination in France following Paris and Nice.
- Set to begin June 23, 2020, five times a week.
- Information regarding the aircraft is not available.
Doha to Luanda (LAD):
- Qatar has a powerful African network with multiple destinations such as Zanzibar, Maputo, Windhoek, Johannesburg, and more.
- Qatar will add nonstop flights to Luanda using the Boeing 787-8 four times a week starting October 14, 2020.
Doha to Lagos to Accra (ACC):
- Qatar will be expanding to Accra with a stop in Lagos. Lagos is currently served nonstop from Doha.
- This will likely be a fifth-freedom flight, meaning passengers can book the Lagos to Accra flight individually.
- Set to operate from April 15, 2020, using the 787-8 once per day.
Doha to Cebu (CEB):
- Qatar has been expanding in the Philippines lately with its latest destination last year, Davao.
- Qatar will launch its fourth destination in the Philippines with Cebu from April 8, 2020.
- Set to operate with the Boeing 787-8 three times a week.
- This is a route resumption as Qatar last flew the route 8 years ago.
Information sourced by Qatar Airways/Routesonline
Overall, a very impressive expansion by Qatar Airways once again. What are your thoughts on these routes? Will any of you take them? (@AlphaSeven)