Qatar Airways Announces 8 New Destinations

At the Kuwait Aviation Show 2020, Qatar Airways announced 8 new destinations from its hub in Doha:

(All images by Qatar Airways)

Doha to Almaty (ALA):

• Qatar will launch nonstop service from Doha to the largest city in Kazakhstan, Almaty.
  • Service will begin on April 1, 2020, twice a week and increase to four weekly from May 25, 2020.
  • Qatar will use its A320 on the route.

Doha to Nur-Sultan (TSE):

• The airline will also launch flights to Kazakhstan’s capital, Nur-Sultan which was previously known as Astana.
  • Flights begin on March 30, 2020, operating twice a week on the A320.

Doha to Trabzon (TZX):

• Qatar will launch its seventh city in Turkey with Trabzon.
  • Begins May 20, 2020, three-weekly with the A320.

Doha to Siem Reap (REP):

• Qatar’s second Cambodian city following Phnom Penh
  • Set to being November 16, 2020, using the A321 five times a week.

Doha to Lyon (LYS):

• Qatar’s third destination in France following Paris and Nice.
  • Set to begin June 23, 2020, five times a week.
  • Information regarding the aircraft is not available.

Doha to Luanda (LAD):

• Qatar has a powerful African network with multiple destinations such as Zanzibar, Maputo, Windhoek, Johannesburg, and more.
  • Qatar will add nonstop flights to Luanda using the Boeing 787-8 four times a week starting October 14, 2020.

Doha to Lagos to Accra (ACC):

• Qatar will be expanding to Accra with a stop in Lagos. Lagos is currently served nonstop from Doha.
  • This will likely be a fifth-freedom flight, meaning passengers can book the Lagos to Accra flight individually.
  • Set to operate from April 15, 2020, using the 787-8 once per day.

Doha to Cebu (CEB):

• Qatar has been expanding in the Philippines lately with its latest destination last year, Davao.
  • Qatar will launch its fourth destination in the Philippines with Cebu from April 8, 2020.
  • Set to operate with the Boeing 787-8 three times a week.
  • This is a route resumption as Qatar last flew the route 8 years ago.

Information sourced by Qatar Airways/Routesonline

Overall, a very impressive expansion by Qatar Airways once again. What are your thoughts on these routes? Will any of you take them? (@AlphaSeven)

12 Likes

You mean Astana right?
@Ishrion

1 Like

Wow, I did that twice today lol. Thanks for catching it.

My question is when will they serve Denver because their website makes it sound like they already do. https://www.qatarairways.com/en/destinations/flights-to-denver/from-doha.html

Doha to Siem Reap? In an A321? How long is that??

1 Like

SE Asia to Middle East may not be as long as you think. It takes around 6-7 hours I think.

Holdup… that’s like 7 hours and 30 minutes… 3,500 miles which is over 400 miles longer than American’s upcoming Dallas to Fairbanks route.

That means this is the world’s longest regular A321 route but I don’t think that’s possible. Qatar has A321neos on order which I think might be delivered before the route begins? The A321 might be a placeholder.

That might be why it starts so late in November, while every other route starts in the middle of the year.

Because this is also possible. DEN likely isn’t happening just yet.

A ton of destinations are listed on there because of Qatar’s codeshare partners that serve these routes. Qatar’s booking system will try to find a flight to these cities for you.

3 Likes

The A321ceo is perfectly capable of serving this route. The 321ceo’s range 3700nm (only 3200 regular miles)

1 Like

…?

If the A321ceo’s range is 3200 miles, then it can’t fly 3,500 miles? Without massive restrictions, of course.

remove the passengers before takeoff

1 Like

When will they begin their flights to San Francisco? 😤

They were supposed to in 2016/2017 but never started them :|

My bad typo. 3700nm is really 4358 regular miles. 3700 regular miles is 3200nm.

Woah! Lyon might make a nice trip!

Interesting destinations. Lyon🧐🧐

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.