Qantas's new safety video pays tribute to its history

The Queensland and Northern Territory Ariel Services, one of Australia’s most recognisable brands. For 100 years it has been flying across our great brown land transporting all types of goods from place to place.

Today they released a new safety video paying tribute to its century-long history.

13 Likes

I mean, I like it but i feel it isn’t enough about safety. Like tell me if this is weird but I feel it isn’t as good safety wise.

1 Like

I mean with the response speed you gave it seems you didn’t watch the entire thing. At 1:19 it does begin talking about safety…

1 Like

Jeez… 8 minutes? That’s rather long compared to other airlines which usually have them at around 3-5 minutes.

2 Likes

I understand that. It’s just that it’s 8 minutes. I get that the last one was 7 but it spent most of those going into detail of the safety features of the aircraft, when this one doesn’t give full detail.

1 Like

Technically you would still be taxiing after the 5 minutes haha
At least in my experiences in New York and Portugal

1 Like

I’ve been on QantasLink flights that are cruising for that long…

2 Likes

This video goes out as a safety video to all Qantas aircraft with screens, but looking at this it seems directed for the b787. Also why didn’t they feature VH-ZNJ there bit disappointing but it is what it is.

1 Like

How come the video isn’t there anymore?

What do you mean?

Disregard just something on my end all good now

1 Like

It’s a nice one, however if I was on a plane I would like to look at the safety video for 7 minutes about safety, not about their history. I feel it’s a bit too long and just talks more about their history than the safety itself.

2 Likes

Kinda the whole point of the video is to show how Qantas has grown within the 100 years

Indeed, but 8 minutes is a bit much, even if it was about history, which is weird when the point of a safety video is to mainly show the safety aspects of the aircraft, which as mentioned above seemed like they focused on one type.

1 Like

Qantas last safety video which they are retiring goes for 7min

I agree, It’s called the safety video for a reason. I would rather make sure everyone knows the safety procedures as opposed to history. It’s good style-wise though.

@Chris_Hoss At least that one is more about safety.

Considering this is their 100th year in operations I can see why they dedicated a fair amount of the video to their history. They aren’t skipping any safety features, and if anything it will capture the customers attention more than an ordinary demonstration. Personally I really like the video and hope to see it onboard sometime in the future!

1 Like

I feel I misrepresented my opinion here. I like the video. As a Platinum One frequent flyer, I’m excited to see another safety video and like to hear about the history.

Personally, I love the safety video. It may be 8 minutes, but taxiing at most airport’s usually takes more.

Something I noticed is the remarks on “respect” not only to the aircraft, but also to the cabin crew and everyone else on board the flight. This is something I haven’t seen mentioned on very many, if any at all, safety videos. Definitely an important note to make in a safety video.

Sideonote: This safety video will be shown on all Qantas flights (except the Dash 8 series) from March 1st.

-Adam

2 Likes