Qantas to offer Spotify and Netflix on board its planes

Qantas airline have announced recently they are going to offer Netflix and Spotify on Board instead of the traditional IFE. This is starting on domestic routes but then probably going out to the whole fleet soon.

This will allow thousands of hours of TV and also music. Netflix and Spotify are also offerning 30 days free trial after the flight to encourage you to sign up if you haven’t already.

Looks like a good deal. Hope more airlines offer this soon.

Read the full article here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/qantas-passengers-receive-free-in-flight-netflix-spotify-and-foxtel/

20 Likes

Qantas is the best and no one beats it

11 Likes

This is great! Netflix and Spotify have such huge collections!! Hopefully this comes with the free WiFi onboard their 787s too.

5 Likes

Yaaay! This is really great! Wait, do they have every single program out there?

3 Likes

No way. They don’t have everything sadly. But they have a lot

Finally, will be much better then the movies I get on the IFE. And hopefully better Wi-FI with the 789 fleet that is coming.

2 Likes

this is the same airline that helped out immigrants that were banned from entering the U.S

really says something about the quality of the airline

3 Likes

Well, Singapore Airlines did… :)

5 Likes

If you live in the U.K. Then you will realise that our Netflix has hardly anything compared to the American one

5 Likes

And Emirates, Qatar, Cathay Pacific, ANA, Etihad, Turkish and Eva according to Skytrax:
http://www.worldairlineawards.com

1 Like

GREAT! too bad i don’t fly it

1 Like

This looks fantastic! Delta only has laggy screens that don’t do much.

1 Like

Okay…I love Qatar but Qantas definitely reaching new levels of awesome. Qatar still #1 in my book though.

1 Like

Why cant They have some cinda team work and Netflix is providing moviebox and Spotify provides with music i think that They still ned the traditional IFE.

After flying 25 with them in business class I can happily agree with you

1 Like

Tell me if I’m wrong but apparently this is only coming on the domestic network (on the 737s that have IFE screens) and on rentable iPads.

1 Like

Yes for now it’s only domestic but hopefully if it works well I’m sure it will be rolled out across the whole fleet.

I really hope so too. It would be heaven if they rolled it out on the 787s! With free WiFi (not just for entertainment, but for anything).

1 Like

air new zealand sorry ): maybe does not beat on wifi but pretty much everything else i am sorry air new zealand is getting wifi on all planes very soon. Also no new movies will be there that are not on netflix !!! as they take ages to get movies on there

True they probably should have gone for Stan but I have both an Spotify

1 Like