Qantas to base 4 787-9s at Brisbane

Qantas has today announced that they would base 4 787s at Brisbane from mid-2018. These aircraft would most likely replace the 747 on the BNE-LAX route with the other 2 possibly being used to start flights to San Francisco or Dallas. This means that the 4 787’s will be based at Melbourne with the other 4 being based at Brisbane. This is more good news in terms of airlines BNE has already experienced this year:

Malindo Air adding KUL-DPS-BNE daily
Cathay Pacific adding more non-stop flights from Hong Kong
Emirates adding 3rd daily flight
China Airlines increasing TPE-BNE-AKL to daily
Norfolk Island Airways adding BNE-NLK-AKL
Hainan Airlines starting SZX-BNE 2x weekly
Singapore Airlines replacing A333, B772 with A350’s
And now Qantas basing 4 dreamliners here

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/qantas-to-base-four-dreamliners-in-brisbane/

7 Likes

Bit annoyed Qantas aren’t basing their Dreamliners in Sydney, but I’m sure I’ll see them enough anyways…

4 Likes

You can’t say that! Sydney most of the time get all of Qantas’s love with heaps of new routes and A380’s. And anyway the 787 would probably be a downgrade for some Sydney routes.

A330 better then 787-9 ?

Qantas need some 777 on another note

1 Like

A330’s are pretty good and 787 are better but Sydney get majority of Qantas long haul routes so it isn’t like they are missing out.

1 Like

787s are incredibly fuel efficient so doing long hauls would be no hassle for them.

787-9 can fly further then a330

787-9 is built to be LH but can be used SH

Wow, as much as I love the 787, I am very sad. My first international flight was was on a Qantas 747-400 last year. It was VH-OEI nicknamed “Ceduna”. I flew on to it from Lax to Bne(qf16). That was an awesome experience. This is very sad,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.