Qantas signs up for A321 passenger to freighter conversion

Qantas has signed up for 3 A321 P2F (Passenger to freighter) converted aircrafts. These will operate for QantasFreight. The first aircraft is expected to arrive in October 2020.

7 Likes

Hmm… Why the a321?

Well, that’s interesting. Never saw an Airbus A321 Freighter before.

7 Likes

That’s… interesting. This would be the first A321F, right?

2 Likes

I think so, I dont think Airbus makes those really. It wouldn’t be too much of a challenge though.

Wouldn’t this be the first a320 family aircraft converted to cargo?

2 Likes

Huh…very interesting

This looks weird. 😂

taken from the OP

4 Likes

Well isn’t it always a great day when my favourite airline (guess why) gets a new aircraft/conversion.

My Name has Qantas in it that’s why

4 Likes

I would be on board if Qantas switched from the 737 family to the a320 family for their main single isle jets. But as a freighter? Would it really be the much more costy to just buy a larger 767F instead?

Hold up. That looks like a neo.
Is that an Airbus A321NEO(F)?
That’s another first.

An A321 as a freighter makes me uncomfortable 😂 it’s so weird lol.

Interesting move from Qantas.

2 Likes

I would assume so or the fact that they don’t need that big of a plane.

1 Like

What do passenger airlines use their cargo planes for anyways? (Korean, Lufthansa, Cathay Pacific, etc.) I never knew!

Well than they should buy the 737F, like the ones FedEx has. They already have their pilots trained to the 737s

I don’t think that’s a NEO.

I’ve took a quick look at the article and read this:

Qantas said the A321P2F would be able to carry nine more tonnes of freight compared with its existing 737 freighters, which represented about 50 per cent more capacity.

50% is gonna make a huge difference.

1 Like

Heres some more information regarding this unique aircraft type:

Source

2 Likes

You know what also looks interesting? It has NEO-ish engines and CEO wing fences!

1 Like

This is gonna be the same thing as the A380F. Speculation, orders, and never happening. Although I could be completely wrong. I do love Airbus more than Boeing, however for cargo, I would get an A330F or some 767F’s