Looks like they really are proceeding with the routes!
1. Qantas has selected the A350-1000XWB for its Sydney to New York & London flights:
- Airbus A350 selected as preferred aircraft (no order placed)
- Deadline for confirming delivery slots extended by one month
- Regulatory support for ultra long haul routes, pending formal application
- Discussions with pilots ongoing
- No orders have been placed but Qantas will work closely with Airbus to prepare contract terms for up to 12 aircraft ahead of a final decision by the Qantas Board.
Qantas is today announcing several important developments for Project Sunrise ahead of a final go/no go decision, which will now take place in March 2020.
Congratulations to Airbus and Qantas! Hopefully this will go through with all the regulations.
2. Qantas Adds Frankfurt To The Project Sunrise List:
- Per Executive Traveler, Qantas CEO Alan Joyce told them Frankfurt is on Project Sunrise’s short list along with London and Paris.
All three routes are just over 10,000 mi.